Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well guys, i'm sure many of you remember me, my forum days are coming back!

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Well, i feel i've been out of the forum loop for the past.....:rotz: well cobwebs formed on all the sites i'm a member of. Figuring i owe you all my input, as well as i need some advice from time to time, i'm back. 'badachang'

Sorry for being gone for so long!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well I don't know you! but welcome! back :D

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Howdy Dustin. Welcome back buddy! You still have the 57?

The last I heard (NWU) you were driving another brand car. Still running ok?

How about school? College yet?

Thanks Brian, it's been a while. Yes, i still have the 57 F-250 smilieFordlogo
You are correct about my daily driver, got a good deal and it's gas efficient.
College, well freshmans first semester was semi rough as i was put in too high of level of math classes considering my high school was meant to get me into trig versus calculus, but my engineering class is going awesome, and all. I'm getting more used to it and i believe after i get the hang of it i'll do a lot better.

Thanks for the welcome back TexasNomad and Skandocious, can't say i recognize either of you, but if you know Ernie he knows me all to well, like a dad to me :)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Thanks Brian, it's been a while. Yes, i still have the 57 F-250 smilieFordlogo
You are correct about my daily driver, got a good deal and it's gas efficient.
College, well freshmans first semester was semi rough as i was put in too high of level of math classes considering my high school was meant to get me into trig versus calculus, but my engineering class is going awesome, and all. I'm getting more used to it and i believe after i get the hang of it i'll do a lot better.

Thanks for the welcome back TexasNomad and Skandocious, can't say i recognize either of you, but if you know Ernie he knows me all to well, like a dad to me :)
Ah another college kid. Did I hear 'engineering'? What's your major?

Computer Science Engineer here :wavey:

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Yup, i am going into Mechanical Engineering, thanks to polarbear aka Ernie, he's helped me quite a bit and still is there for me. He was probably pondering when i'd pop back up on here :p. One of my high school buddies, Lane, is going into Computer Science Engineering as well, guess i'm going there next week to live up Manhatten life, heard it's a more fun atmosphere there. I've had a few of my own design projects as well as the Mugen MTX-3 Project i have posted in the Hobby section, think i amaze people at what i do when i get bored.

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
It is awesome to hear you started college. I am not the "dad", but I was hoping you could go.

Klatt invited me over to the NWU two servers ago? Something like that. LOL

Lol, yes, that was me who started that, and then Tater got it rolling from that point on to help it be what it is now, well NWU that is. Was nice getting Happy Brithdays from FTF and NWU, as well as my hobby forum sites that i've been gone from for ages.

Thanks, i'm glad i could go as well. Now the math on my account is quite puzzling, shows i owe a balance of $-452.10. Not sure if that's extra or what, guess tomorrow i'll call and find out.

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
I dont know...right now I am very negative in finances. I hope yours is a postive on your end and a negative on theirs.

I know exactly what you mean, and i'm hoping the same that they're negative and i get some back, otherwise i doubt i'll be able to pay for books next semester. So how have things been going for you?

And pics of the 57 :)
03-18-08_1323.jpg

03-18-08_1319.jpg

03-18-08_1324.jpg

03-18-08_1323.jpg

03-18-08_1326.jpg

03-18-08_1325.jpg

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean, and i'm hoping the same that they're negative and i get some back, otherwise i doubt i'll be able to pay for books next semester. So how have things been going for you?

I get probably 6 or 7 books free every year! Then again...I work there. :wasntme:

I am doing pretty good. My 56 is almost my daily driver. It is the 2008 truck of the year here. No clue how that happened. I think my dad bribed the voters or something.

I received a kidney transplant April 22 of this year. The kidney is doing fine.

The bills, however, are not. smiliecrybaby

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
I'd almost contemplate getting rid of the car that's located in the bacground of those pictures of my truck and daily drive it but 70 miles between home and here and daily traffic in wichita would make it somewhat of a combersome. You're definitely lucky, think i shelled out over 800 this first semester. That hurts the wallet. I'm glad you're doing good, and taht the 56 is doing well, if you ever need help just ask :) I work at autozone, haha. Bribing, i don't think it'd take that, you have a nice truck. I'm glad the kidney is doing good for you, and i hope your health stays good. Bills, well, we all will have those sooner or later, the main thing is you're alive and doing well :D

I only have an associates degree, but I paid for all my books and almost all of my tuition (while I was on disability). I managed to get a PEL grant one semester out of it all.

yes...I am here. That is the most important part.

On a side note, for those of you who do not know Dustin. That cool truck there had a Y-block (292 ???) and a t-18 at one time. That is until he broke it!

I am still the only Y-block around here! (sniff...sniff)

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
I only have an associates degree, but I paid for all my books and almost all of my tuition (while I was on disability). I managed to get a PEL grant one semester out of it all.

yes...I am here. That is the most important part.

On a side note, for those of you who do not know Dustin. That cool truck there had a Y-block (292 ???) and a t-18 at one time. That is until he broke it!

I am still the only Y-block around here! (sniff...sniff)

You have done quite well my friend, i'm sorry you only got one grant tho, that kinda sucks. But yes, that is the most important part.
You do remember quite well my, originally came with a 272, then had a 292 that was well, a mix of random parts. The engine on a sad note met it's demise and was sold, i'm kind of regretting that now, but that was then and this is now. Guess it's time to see what i can do. Not sure if i want to go stock with it or go with the 390 FE that's sitting in there right now. All that's left on the 390 is moving the tranmission cross member back. Could be a shop project over winter break! Rut ruh, now we got Dustin started on the 57! haha. basically have everything for it, just need to assemble it! Be hillarious if i got it running before my friend with his 65 Stang.

If you have time and a place to work...go for it. You will have all the moral and technical support you need around here.

Since the Y-block is gone...it would take some bucks to buy another one and swap it all back. The good ones are not cheap. It costs about $2,500 (minumum) for a stock rebuilt at a shop. Performance stuff...the sky is the limit.

I would love to get mine rebuilt, but that will not happen any time soon. LOL

The Y-block is just unique. I go to a lot of cruises and cruise ins. The vast majority of people have no clue what it is. As far as driving on the highway...I run 65-70 with the stock drivetrain.

With the 390, a modern trans, and the right gears in your 9"...it should fly.

Welcome back K...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts