Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

well also gonna have to get a Radiator

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That sucks Chris...once one thing leaks, it seems to spread to other things!

Is the 4 core the Super Cooling radiator.

No, the Heavy Duty Cooling option for 87-96 (at least when we are talking about 300/302/351...not sure about the diesels and 460s) was just a 2 core radiator.

The 4-core is an aftermarket unit (with brass tanks at that) made by Proliance and goes by the moniker "heatbuster extreme".

I think most of the parts houses carry them, I got mine from Advance Auto.

One caveat though, if you had a stock 1 core radiator, you'll need the 2 core fan shroud as the 1 core shroud only fits (barely) with modifications.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
No, the Heavy Duty Cooling option for 87-96 (at least when we are talking about 300/302/351...not sure about the diesels and 460s) was just a 2 core radiator.

The 4-core is an aftermarket unit (with brass tanks at that) made by Proliance and goes by the moniker "heatbuster extreme".

I think most of the parts houses carry them, I got mine from Advance Auto.

One caveat though, if you had a stock 1 core radiator, you'll need the 2 core fan shroud as the 1 core shroud only fits (barely) with modifications.

Seems odd..the factory one I pulled out of my truck was 3 core [confused]
Edit...was a 79...not an 87-96..doh!!!!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I feel dumb, but how are the cores measured? I have the Extra Cooling package on the F100, but no way of telling what it entails. I do know my radiator is crap, so I'm definitely gonna need a new one too.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I feel dumb, but how are the cores measured? I have the Extra Cooling package on the F100, but no way of telling what it entails. I do know my radiator is crap, so I'm definitely gonna need a new one too.

Look inside the tank and see how many rectangular channels are there.

You can also just compare the width of the core. Most parts stores give dimensions of all the radiators.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts