Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Water Pump Leak...any ideas?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
At least you have all the tools to fix everything judging by that toolbox. And I thought I carried alot of tools in my truck. :shocked:

Yeah...I have all the tools I need for that job. As a matter of fact, it's almost done...just have to put the PS and alt back on and top off the antifreeze and hopefully she'll be good to go.

However, that's my main tool box that I keep in my room, along with a Craftsman 4 drawer. In the Bronco I just have 26x12x14 diamond plate box that holds spare parts and fluids and a craftsman 26" plastic tool box that's filled with the cheaper Craftsman line of Evolve tools.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I hope your not there more then 20 minutes or you'll be towed.:violin:

Been there for 3 days...I got connections...hahahaha.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks like a nice box and looks like perfect height to stand on as well for your truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks like a nice box and looks like perfect height to stand on as well for your truck.

Thanks...Dad gave it to me, but I had to fill it. And yes, it is the PERFECT height for standing on. I usually use a folding chair at home, but didn't have one here, so I used what I had. However, the flip top cover doesn't necessarily like 320lbs standing on it...I've had to pound it back to shape a couple times already.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I can't really add more to this except that sucks about having to replace a 2month old water pump. But, I'm already there also. I just had to replace a starter already. Worked great until it stuck and I have to loosen it up to get it back where it would start again. Good thing for warranty. Hopefully I wont' have to keep replacing those. But good to see you are gettin things back together.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Buck...all is well now, got the pump on with no leaks, got the new starter on there too. However, now it seems like the daggon thing wants has a few flat spots and wants to sputter out and die at idle. I said screw it, and I'll drive two footed for a while til I get over the irritation of always being under the hood on that thing.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I say you go with what I said :rolleyes:

Well chit...if she's gonna keep having stuff go wrong with her on monthly basis...she may be yours before you know it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome to the club Ben.

No kiddin...she was trouble free for a year...and since may it's been timing chain, water pump, TRE's, VC's, battery, alternator, water pump again...so on and so forth. Nothing hard, but it drains the wallet and yo just get sick of hanging your azz over a fender.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
No kiddin...she was trouble free for a year...and since may it's been timing chain, water pump, TRE's, VC's, battery, alternator, water pump again...so on and so forth. Nothing hard, but it drains the wallet and yo just get sick of hanging your azz over a fender.

Yup thats the beauty of those old trucks..
My battery went out a day after I replaced it my fuel pump blew and dumped gas in my oil pan :D so much fun..

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

That's actually what started the engine rebuild on my truck...as soon as I parked it the first year over winter (unheated) everything started leaking in the spring...oil, tranny, antifreeze and rear end.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's actually what started the engine rebuild on my truck...as soon as I parked it the first year over winter (unheated) everything started leaking in the spring...oil, tranny, antifreeze and rear end.

Yeah...I really wished I woulda followed my own rule...keep the money to make the vehicle reliable FIRST...well I went against that and bought go fast parts first and don't have the fundage to do the build 'right'. I've got about 2k in parts just sitting with another $600 already installed...but I'd be putting good parts (pistons, cam, crank, headers) in a 'bad' engine because I can't fix the little stuff too.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah...I really wished I woulda followed my own rule...keep the money to make the vehicle reliable FIRST...well I went against that and bought go fast parts first and don't have the fundage to do the build 'right'. I've got about 2k in parts just sitting with another $600 already installed...but I'd be putting good parts (pistons, cam, crank, headers) in a 'bad' engine because I can't fix the little stuff too.

It adds up quick doesn't it?....I'm gonna have to do all the weatherstripping and window felts before I really start driving it or washing it for that matter.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
It does add up quick. I did more on my truck than I had expected in a short time, but it was worth it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts