Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

W00t.. Christmas came LATE!

Storm

Well mum shocked the living basket out of me.. She gave me a late christmas present, money to get my Grand Rock 6x36" Miter Cut Stacks :)

Woot.. One less mod I have to pay for LOL

Storm

Heck yeah... I was like "what's this for?" .. She goes your Stacks.. Late christmas present ROFL.. Now all I gotta do is wait for them to come in!

:WooHoo::WooHoo::post pics:That is sooo cool!!!

HEY Aaron!!! Where ya been??? Happy new year!

Storm

:WooHoo::WooHoo::post pics:That is sooo cool!!!

HEY Aaron!!! Where ya been??? Happy new year!

Hah I don't have no pictures yet.. I have to order the stacks goober.. I should have them this week :-D and hopefully in this weekend..

Storm

Well, take a screenshot of the order Goober. :p

(aye)

I shoulda got a shot of me handing my buddy the money than LMAO

Uhm. here's what they look like.. Friend of mine's truck..

stacks.jpg

Except mine won't be sticking over the roof.. I'll cut them to be flash with the roof line..

Storm

WhOOp!

Flush!

Storm

I'll have them as soon as I get em :) I'm too excited lol

One down, one more to go.. I still need to get my sound system built.. Just not looking forward to the $1500 price tag and the weekend of labor I have to put fourth..

Getting 3 10's behind rear crew cab seat, 6.5" Comps in the doors, 2 amps (1 for sub, 1 for door speakers).. Lining the floor, back wall, doors with Raammat so I got to pull the whole interior out..

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey are you going to get open topped stacks like in that picture? If so, how are you going to remedy the 'rain' issue?

Storm

Hey are you going to get open topped stacks like in that picture? If so, how are you going to remedy the 'rain' issue?

Well.. Not sure... Most of the guys on another source who have stacks say they haven't had a problem.. Even sitting at home in massive storms.. There hasn't been much water in them..

However some have drilled a small pilot hole in the 90* elbow to let water run out.. I may do that.. Others have said that the flex hose is also set to let water run out..

I'm not sure.. I've seen 18 wheelers with stacks like that and none of them have caps or anything so I dunno..

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well most of the 18 wheelers have turnbacks on their stacks. Won't cutting a hole in the exhaust create a 'tick tick ticking' exhaust leak sound?

Storm

Well most of the 18 wheelers have turnbacks on their stacks. Won't cutting a hole in the exhaust create a 'tick tick ticking' exhaust leak sound?

Don't think so... Some of the guys with 7.3's don't have it.. They get soot down there sometimes.. But no tick tick noise..

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Okay well I'm no expert at all so I'm just speculating :) I've just always wondered how those guys deal with rain/rust. Hope it turns out well brother ;)

Storm

Okay well I'm no expert at all so I'm just speculating :) I've just always wondered how those guys deal with rain/rust. Hope it turns out well brother ;)

NO NO.. It's cool man... Trust me.. I've asked it 100 times and still get same response.. I'm a little concerned too.. If it was going to rain tremendously where I wouldn't be moving my truck for days.. I'd put coffee cans on it

Storm

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts