Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Very Disappointed

in Ford.... on what they have passed on to society as OEM service manual to cover the Explorer and Mountaineer.

Owning 4 different copies of OEM service manuals that cover a myriad of vehicles of 1991,1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999 vintage there are so many omissons on everyday,routine things that one does to these vehicles it is so frustrating.

This is FORD , not haynes or aftermarket companies.

I expect more from Ford when it comes to informing the industry on any change from year to year.

I know that but I have Ford OEM discs shop manuals (aka: Dealership literature) ... and they are inferior at a lot of things

blacksnapon

Staff member
Thats why they tell us to use the on-line manuals because any revisions are posted on them.

Okay please show me where the DETAILS on replacing a door courtesy light on a 95 Ex Sport Expedition

There are about 5 of us on the net that are trying to grab and pull out bulb #168 from the socket and replace it.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Okay please show me where the DETAILS on replacing a door courtesy light on a 95 Ex Sport Expedition

There are about 5 of us on the net that are trying to grab and pull out bulb #168 from the socket and replace it.
Explorer or expedition?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Front, Explorer Hi-Series, Two-Door and Four-Door

Removal and Installation

Remove the two screws retaining thefront door trim panel located above thewindow regulator handle . Also remove one screw in the upper front portion offront door trim panel .
Remove inside door handle cup at thewindow regulator handle using a screwdriver or sharp object. Retention nibs will flex for easy removal.
To remove window regulator control switch andoutside rear view mirror control (17B676) , use notch located at lower end of outside rear view mirror control using a screwdriver to lift and remove.
Remove outside rear view mirror control fromfront door trim panel pulling wire harness from inside of front door trim panel .
From bottom of outside rear view mirror control , remove two screws and disconnect connector from switches.
NOTE: Do not pull on the front door trim panel to remove clips from the inner panel holes.

NOTE: Pay special attention to the cutout in thefront door trim panel for the inside door handle (22600) , so that it clears the inside door handle during removal without breakage.

At each plastic clip location, pry the front door trim panel away from the door inner panel using the front door trim panel removing tool from Rotunda Windshield and Moulding/Trim Removal Kit 107-R0401 or equivalent.
NOTE: When removing the front door trim panel make sure to lift panel at least 39mm (1.5 inch) or more so hidden lower trim hooks clear completely before removal. Failure to lift panel 39mm (1.5 inch) or more may cause the trim hooks to break.

To remove panel (after wiring and disengagement of trim clips is complete), lift panel slightly to remove flange at the top of door trim panel from trough in the glass weatherstrip.
Disconnect socket and bulb from illuminatedinterior lamp (13776) before total removal of front door trim panel .
For installation, follow removal procedures in reverse order. Replace any bent, damaged or missing plastic clips on the front door trim panel to thefront door trim panel , firmly loading clips into slots provided onfront door trim panel .

Explorer Expedition

It is a VERY RARE Model.

There is one line mentioning it on Wikipedia.

I ams still waiting for the Brochure to show up.

Reply to above:

So IOW, I have to remove the whole bloody door panel to change a light bulb ?

Why on earth did they use a removable lens then ?

Last edited:
Now I hope you see why I had to buy this particular one?

I had never heard of it.

see the wiki reference.

"Like the basic Explorer, the Explorer Sport was significantly updated in 1995. The Eddie Bauer trim level was replaced with Expedition on 2-door Explorers (1995 only, the name would be reused on the 1997 Ford Expedition). The rear was given a face lift for 1998."

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts