Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Valve Guide Question

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
About 10 out of 16 valve guides on my 400 are worn, and I'm looking to replace all 16. However when I look up valve guides on Summit and Jeg's, they only seem to list what looks to be the inserts. I also want to replace the cone shaped spring seat as well because two of them were busted up by a previous owner.

My question is, are the factory guides a part of the valve spring seat, or are the seats separate from the guides?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
You're referring to the cone plastic type deal that sits under the valve springs right? Those are valve guide seals....try looking that up. Busted up or not, its always a good idea to replace them.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
You're referring to the cone plastic type deal that sits under the valve springs right? Those are valve guide seals....try looking that up. Busted up or not, its always a good idea to replace them.

Nah, I know what those are.

I'm talking about the valve guides that go down through the head, and the valve spring seats.

This thing to be exact. You can see where it's been all chewed up, and somebody installed a sleeve.

picture702e.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts