Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Valance compatibility

even if it is plastic or fiberglass it looks sweet , I hope it comes in black, even though my truck is red i think it would look good in black.

Mike

looks like it comes in the OEM ABS plastic.. for 50 bucks and 20 for fogs, hell i think its worth it

Michigan
Its not fiberglass, well mine wasnt. It was hard plastic like bumper covers. Yea i kinda zoned that day out, all i remember was my dad yelling at me and saying my front end was totaled, axle bent. Then he hooked up to it, couldnt budge it and continued to yell that it was totalled and went into the house haha. One hard pull from his truck tho omg i thought i was gonna die! Freakin beast. Thats when i heard the CRACK from the valance, i thought it was my axle and he was gonna be pulling it down the driveway hahahahaha

i think im going to order mine soon, prob tomorow, just got paid today.

i think i can get some fos that fit in there nicely too from AutoZone

Michigan
The lightning valance lines up under your bumper, so you have to drill holes in the very bottom of your bumper, and it was a pain in the ass to get the bolts (I used self tapping bolts) In there. It doesnt rap around the back, well at least mine didnt..

The lightning valance lines up under your bumper, so you have to drill holes in the very bottom of your bumper, and it was a pain in the ass to get the bolts (I used self tapping bolts) In there. It doesnt rap around the back, well at least mine didnt..

SO dos it line up or not? if it lines up u dont need to drill. And you would buy the rivet kit from LMC that goes with the valance

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
This definitly on my " to do" list, Lmc does sell a rivet so to me that would mean that it goes in the stock location , wouldn't it?

Mike

Michigan
Il take some pictures, you know how the stock one raps around the back of the bumper, and you have those rivets. The big lightning valance does rap around the back, it goes directly under the bumper. you have to drill holes vertically.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts