Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

vacuum lines

i need all the vaacuum line routing for the 2 bbl motorcraft 2150 i just finished rebuilding the carb getting ready to put it back in but theres only 3 vacuum lines to reconnect the rest are either plugged or theres nothing there at all.

please and thank you

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
What year/motor?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

rebuilt the carb put it all on got the truck started and my throttle sticks. why would that be?

No cable but ill check the carb and pedal this even before it was really loose and would close really easy

the dpring that hookms to the white plastic piece on the throttle hookup is missing as well as the one that hooks up to the front so the weight of the gas pedal pulls it back and makes it seem like it sticks so going to go fab up a l bracke and try and find a spring because the original bracket is gone i did have it though :(

alright got the springs on works pretty good now. didn't get to run the truck yet though...

needed to figur eout something for a hood latch was gonna pull the old handle off of it and throw a bolt in to get leverage with a screwdriver and got an idea so i found a piece of something drill it out put a bend in it and bolt it into the hoood latch.

Attachments

• a.jpg
  • aa.jpg

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
alright got the springs on works pretty good now. didn't get to run the truck yet though...

needed to figur eout something for a hood latch was gonna pull the old handle off of it and throw a bolt in to get leverage with a screwdriver and got an idea so i found a piece of something drill it out put a bend in it and bolt it into the hoood latch.
10 bucks and 15 mins at a pick your part you could have a functional one...

i know but i'm trying to find an entire front clip anyway so i figured i'd just throw a new handle on the one i got and call it good for now. i have a junkyard bout 7 miles from me with about 5 or 6 of these ford trucks but idk if they would let me get parts they scrap them

According to my gauges I'm getting 2.5 miles to a gallon truck had a quarter tank yesterday drive it 10 miles and its now on empty. And haven't hardly been going above 15

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
A 2 lb hoodlatch wont make a difference in scrap...

As far as the gas gauge...i wouldnt trust it. My 77 reads 1/4 tank off. (i.e when full it reads 3/4s)

i put maybe 25 miles on it since i got it. i had put 25ish gallons in, and it ran out in that 25 miles. put another quarter tank in and drove 10 now says empty. unless something is badly goofed up with sending unit or something.

A 2 lb hoodlatch wont make a difference in scrap...

As far as the gas gauge...i wouldnt trust it. My 77 reads 1/4 tank off. (i.e when full it reads 3/4s)

My 73 does the same thing and three other dent sides i had ended up doing it too. I wonder if it's pretty common thing ? The ones with the dual tanks worked good until i switched over to the rear tank behind the axle. Maybe it is a problem with the rear tank float only since the others would work right on the mid tank. Still it's better than having one that runs out when it's still showing a 1/4 of a tank.:)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts