Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v4...The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost bought this 78 a couple years ago for $400 before it went to the junk yard. It had a new(er) crate motor in it that needed some work. Only thing that made me decide not to buy it was that the cab was rusted out from the inside out and was falling apart.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/4104415912.html
00A0A_17FZIAaG7dy_600x450.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Mmmmm...turbines...

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
How rare is a 1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat
With a Trailer Special package with a 351M V8
and an automatic transmission and two wheel drive and a long box?
I had bought this truck in June from a friend who is in Car Pride, which is a
car club here in Ithaca, NY for between eight and nine thousand dollars, and for that amount of money , I had gotten a rather sweet looking little Dent.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
car club here in Ithaca, NY for between eight and nine thousand dollars, and for that amount of money , I had gotten a rather sweet looking little Dent.

With literally millions of these things built, not much is actually rare. Around these parts, 8-9k on a 2wd better be concourse shape. Best way to get a firm number on how many of your truck were built is to get a Marti report.

hey neighbor, glad to see a fellow new yorker. i'm just east of utica.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

At first I saw the listed '390'...I thought, probably not, but I'll continue looking at it. Saw the first couple pics, thought 'this is a good 4-5k truck'. Continued scrolling through the pics, saw all the paint flaws, rust, line-x'd over rust in the bed...and I thought this is more like an 1800-2000 truck. Then I saw the sunroof, face palmed, and determined that truck would be useless to me for anything other than a woods beater or demo derby truck. Current bid is $26...I'd probably go 32.50 on it. This is a case where I think less pics would have been better for that seller, although I appreciate the honesty.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
At first I saw the listed '390'...I thought, probably not, but I'll continue looking at it. Saw the first couple pics, thought 'this is a good 4-5k truck'. Continued scrolling through the pics, saw all the paint flaws, rust, line-x'd over rust in the bed...and I thought this is more like an 1800-2000 truck. Then I saw the sunroof, face palmed, and determined that truck would be useless to me for anything other than a woods beater or demo derby truck. Current bid is $26...I'd probably go 32.50 on it. This is a case where I think less pics would have been better for that seller, although I appreciate the honesty.

It is pretty rough.....lots of rot.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

How rare is it being a Cobra? Lmao

And Ben, I thought you'd really go for that red plush headliner. Or are only particular to gold?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Same here. The more I saw where rust was painted over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts