Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v3...the Dents we find

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
If you're having trouble with links like that, you can try editing the post and putting the link inside coding like this: link[/url ] but without the space. ... fix Ken's so they work.[/QUOTE]Thanks Ian!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, that red one you like has about everything I'd want EXCEPT for the AC....how much to install an AC system? Price is getting up there too, but it's pretty close!

Well...if you go after all the pieces NOS style, I'd fancy a guess upwards of 4-5k. If you did something from Vintage Air (which is the route I'd go), I think you can get out for less than 2k.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Well...if you go after all the pieces NOS style, I'd fancy a guess upwards of 4-5k. If you did something from Vintage Air (which is the route I'd go), I think you can get out for less than 2k.

Yeah, those extra costs just push it out of the price range......that's what I was talking about though.....you dump $1500 into headers and an intake, $4000 in wheels and tires.....why not a couple thousand for AC?

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
^^It's just preference. Myself, I rarely use AC even when I'm in a vehicle that has it. My dent does not have it and I don't miss it. I just like the windows down and the wings open. Push the wings all the way open and it creates enough 'cross the cab breeze for me. The fresh air floor vents in these non-AC trucks work real nice, too.

However, I can see how it can be a deal breaker if you are someone who really wants it. It would be much less hassle to get a truck that's already equipped.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^It's just preference. Myself, I rarely use AC even when I'm in a vehicle that has it. My dent does not have it and I don't miss it. I just like the windows down and the wings open. Push the wings all the way open and it creates enough 'cross the cab breeze for me. The fresh air floor vents in these non-AC trucks work real nice, too.

However, I can see how it can be a deal breaker if you are someone who really wants it. It would be much less hassle to get a truck that's already equipped.

That's the same way I was...but now having a couple vehicles with new functioning A/C, I see my rigs getting fitted for A/C. The days of no A/C in 100+* heat and convincing myself that the back sweat stain was a form a rebellion, are over for me.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
That's the same way I was...but now having a couple vehicles with new functioning A/C, I see my rigs getting fitted for A/C. The days of no A/C in 100+* heat and convincing myself that the back sweat stain was a form a rebellion, are over for me.

I never needed A/C either. Then I started to put a few years on and found out that it was a necessity.

Of course, I'm further North than both of you. It gets hot here, but probably not as hot, and doesn't stay hot for nearly as long. I'm sure it's much more important where you are.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Of course, I'm further North than both of you. It gets hot here, but probably not as hot, and doesn't stay hot for nearly as long. I'm sure it's much more important where you are.

Nah...I'm just a sell out. The more I can afford, the more I realize I 'need'.:headbang:

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Ben quoted "West coast has a lot of good trucks...less salt maybe???"

Ben has a very valid statement here Ken...You will find more decent bodies in the west..However from my experiences of my Arizona Rig,It saw plenty of sun,high heat, engine & trans failure,differential transfer case seals,wiring issues do to excessive heat.so there is a tradeoff from what we know in the rust belt..FYI I was after a clean body/frame to work with...

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

I never needed A/C either. Then I started to put a few years on and found out that it was a necessity.

It's a deal killer for us......there's only a few weeks to a month or two up here where it's uncomfortably hot and humid in your vehicle, but after dropping umpteen thousands in a nice rig, to not be the vehicle of choice when the wife and kids and I go for ice cream, a nice drive in the mountains, quick trip to grammies, or to church, would really suck.

Ben quoted "West coast has a lot of good trucks...less salt maybe???"

Ben has a very valid statement here Ken...You will find more decent bodies in the west..However from my experiences of my Arizona Rig,It saw plenty of sun,high heat, engine & trans failure,differential transfer case seals,wiring issues do to excessive heat.so there is a tradeoff from what we know in the rust belt..FYI I was after a clean body/frame to work with...

Yeah......I've been thinking about this as well. My rig, original frame, block, tranny, and ALL the panels with zero bondo on it was a West Coast truck. I think it'll make a big difference for sure, especially if I want something special to last well enough for the next generation to enjoy it; even if they decide to use it as a DD! smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
IMG_20130409_172858_578.jpg

I like the extra cab space now that our family is growing!

This isn't a show truck by any means, but is a NICE driver for sure....pretty much has everything we're looking for, other than it's not brand new showy. smilieFordlogo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-F-250-XLT-1978-FORD-F250-RANGER-XLT-4X4-DANA-60S-AIR-CC-TILT-60-PICTURES-RARE-CONDITION-/261198351083?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cd0a28aeb#ht_2295wt_1165

Ken,

This is the guy that gets a beatdown on this forum everytime he sells a truck. He's been selling trucks from several places in Idaho. Now he is in Boise. I see the last truck he sold received a negative feedback.

Just as a once over, he lists cruise control as one of the options, but it is not even hooked up to the carburetor, etc.

I guess since it is a supercab, it would POSSIBLY have a Dana 60 front and rear, but I would certainly want to verify that. He also no longer lists the VIN number or posts pictures of the VIN plate.

:suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ken,

This is the guy that gets a beatdown on this forum everytime he sells a truck. He's been selling trucks from several places in Idaho. Now he is in Boise. I see the last truck he sold received a negative feedback.

Just as a once over, he lists cruise control as one of the options, but it is not even hooked up to the carburetor, etc.

I guess since it is a supercab, it would POSSIBLY have a Dana 60 front and rear, but I would certainly want to verify that. He also no longer lists the VIN number or posts pictures of the VIN plate.

Damn am I glad you were on top of things, I was smitten at first. But yeah, that's definitely him. That ebay handle is the last one he had when I did any dealings with him. As for the D60...I know 2 guys that bought bought trucks from him that ended up with 44's up front after purchase. I was curious where the VIN and door sticker were, but I reckon those were intentional misses.

Definitely a good driver, but I hate when guys just bed line over dents and dings. I also get a little nervous when people start listing their upgrades/modifications...even if it was something I'd want, I'd need to thoroughly investigate to eliminate any possibility of a hack job.

Ken,

This is the guy that gets a beatdown on this forum every time he sells a truck. He's been selling trucks from several places in Idaho. Now he is in Boise. I see the last truck he sold received a negative feedback.

I was wondering if was the same guy. The truck looks good but there's no pics of underneath, or vin plate as mentioned. The front axle looks like it has the anti sway bar that comes on the D60. It's basically the same as mine, except this one has been changed to the 460CI, with a carb that probably won't except the cruise link.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I was wondering if was the same guy. The truck looks good but there's no pics of underneath, or vin plate as mentioned. The front axle looks like it has the anti sway bar that comes on the D60. It's basically the same as mine, except this one has been changed to the 460CI, with a carb that probably won't except the cruise link.

That's what I was thinking also, Mark.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
^^^I thought that was him, too. He always uses that border around his write ups and posts really extensive descriptions. (Even if they're not accurate.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles