Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v3...the Dents we find

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's being sold as a '79 yet the fuel gauge DOES NOT have the 'Unleaded Fuel Only' on it...That was a difference between a '78 and a '79 F-150...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
It's being sold as a '79 yet the fuel gauge DOES NOT have the 'Unleaded Fuel Only' on it...That was a difference between a '78 and a '79 F-150...

Why am I just now learning that??

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
:rofl2: And, after further inspection, the driver's door seal does NOT continue underneath the scuff plate, as it should. The seal ends where the scuff plate begins on both sides. I'd be checking for rust underneath the scuff plate/carpet.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Why am I just now learning that??

I have an excuse!

:rofl2: And, after further inspection, the driver's door seal does NOT continue underneath the scuff plate, as it should. The seal ends where the scuff plate begins on both sides. I'd be checking for rust underneath the scuff plate/carpet.

Wow.....tons of questions for sure.....lots of issues.....but will need to move on for sure....I put my max bid in at $4500 and was outbid, so that's the end of that.

Onward.......................................... smilieFordlogo

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Just curious, Ken, did you find your '77 on E-bay?

Yes I did.....and am still friends with the PO.....him and his son are engineer/mechanics and are Ford fanatics themselves. He's working on a full frame off resto of a 32 roadster.....INCREDIBLE!

My dent was a father/son resto and after it was complete after 8 years of detailed work (they said for engine, paint, and a few other things, it was professionals that did the work, they did the rest - there was no body work as they found a solid one owner rig to work with) the rig sat in their heated garage for a few years and they knew it needed to be driven and not sit, so they reluctantly listed it and I bought it. I saw how special it was....the guy wasn't looking to make any money on it (they were already set financially) and I was looking for a new company truck :wasntme: . I just didn't think it would be this nice. I really wanted a year round driver for my company, but wanted a 73-77 Ford.

After I got it, I was in the dilemma of not wanting to drive it in the winter, thus my experiment with the Bump and now with the Bronco (WHICH IS WORKING OUT AWESOME BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) )

I still have the ad saved.....right after I bought it, I knew I'd have to find some help maintaining it and found you guys 3 years ago, almost to the month....I'll see if I can find the ad.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Wow.....tons of questions for sure.....lots of issues.....but will need to move on for sure....I put my max bid in at $4500 and was outbid, so that's the end of that.

Onward.......................................... smilieFordlogo

Ya, there's better ones out there that will come up for sale. I didn't notice much of what was caught already, but when I first saw the truck the stripping just said "something's fishy". Maybe not, but the truck would really need to be inspected first just to see.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ya, there's better ones out there that will come up for sale. I didn't notice much of what was caught already, but when I first saw the truck the stripping just said "something's fishy". Maybe not, but the truck would really need to be inspected first just to see.

Yeah........LIKE YOURS....how much? smilietease

I hear ya.....the good news is Brett is only 2 and the other boy isn't scheduled to arrive until this June, so we have plenty of time for sure.

smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Around these parts...the mere fact that it doesn't have a transfer case is what would prevent it from getting that money. If it did...I'd say that asking price is about right....without it, I wouldn't expect more than 75% of asking.

My first thought was "no 4WD". I'm not crazy about the colors....but dang, the engine looks brand new (except for the headers). Also, there is a ton of surface rust underneath and A TON o black spray paint over-spray, which means patchie work or hiding something to me.

That and it's sitting too low for me.

And the radiator fan.....is that supposed to be that small? Looks tiny in one picture and normal in another, maybe it's the camera angles. No shroud?

The carpet and seats have black stains....for $8k wouldn't you pay Austin to shampoo those babies? The engine looks cleaner!

The front end is wrong....and the hood is waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off....it looks gross from one angle.

What's with the pin holes in the paint job on the tail gate?

Couldn't splurge to paint the handle on the tailgate?

Tailgate trim and the front clip is dented.....the front clip has a huge gap in the middle.

The front seems to sag a little and you can even see a little bow in it from multiple side views.

Other than that, it looks nice! smilieFordlogo

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

primetime

sawmill slave
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BEAU...rs_Trucks&hash=item19d9e6f8f0#ht_53637wt_1165

I'm not seeing much that would sway me away from paying asking price, or close to. Well, other than the wrong front end.

$(KGrHqV,!jMFD2VU1BOLBRG+91,rb!~~_4.JPG

To expand on what Ken brought up, the headliner is sagging, the steering wheel is cracked all to crap, no fan shroud, and I don`t know how to feel about the aluminum and plastic radiator. The messed up grille shell really stinks on a truck with a $9000 price tag.

The fender emblems are correct for '75 but the hood (drilled holes) F O R D and the '78-'79 grill and bumper with (I believe non-Ranger XLT) '79 headlight bezels to me makes it another one of that known Idaho sellers Frankentrucks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My first thought was "no 4WD". I'm not crazy about the colors....but dang, the engine looks brand new (except for the headers). Also, there is a ton of surface rust underneath and A TON o black spray paint over-spray, which means patchie work or hiding something to me.

That and it's sitting too low for me.

And the radiator fan.....is that supposed to be that small? Looks tiny in one picture and normal in another, maybe it's the camera angles. No shroud?

The carpet and seats have black stains....for $8k wouldn't you pay Austin to shampoo those babies? The engine looks cleaner!

The front end is wrong....and the hood is waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off....it looks gross from one angle.

What's with the pin holes in the paint job on the tail gate?

Couldn't splurge to paint the handle on the tailgate?

Tailgate trim and the front clip is dented.....the front clip has a huge gap in the middle.

The front seems to sag a little and you can even see a little bow in it from multiple side views.

Other than that, it looks nice! smilieFordlogo

I'm so proud right now...you're gettin good Ken...before you know it, you won't even need us anymore...haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts