Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

V2..The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points Utf.:) I think the hard part for me is where the lies stop and the truth begins with this truck.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good points Utf.:) I think the hard part for me is where the lies stop and the truth begins with this truck.

Agreed 100%...but that's where buyer beware comes in to play and I feel bad for the folks that don't know any better. I think the literature that Duncan and others post is invaluable to making an informed decision for folks on this site.

I see this guy is back

I thought that was him, but the description seemed relatively normal, although ambiguous and thought I was mistaken.

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Can't be an original truck if the VIN reads X25...should be X26 for a 4by. So at least the door has been replaced.

Edit...damn didn't even see the 'original 460'...I stopped reading after I saw 'original' used about 87 times and the VIN wasn't even right.

Here's the guy's reply about the discrepancies on the truck.

"The original truck VIN shows apparently (that this was a 4x2) But the original owner insisted the truck was exactly as he purchased. I didn't think to ask him much else as it as it all looked (including the front end dana 60 and 4x4 unit) totally original. I wouldn't know how you would be able to tell whether it wasn't original though, or at least factory or dealer installed. There is the possibility that he special ordered it from ford to be a 4x4. And it could have still have a 4x2 VIN. Then again, that is all I'm pulling up online so I'm calling the dealership tomorrow where it was originally purchased to do a little detective work. I know it wasn't offered in a 4x4 special (only the f350 was) but I still think you could special order from the factory to be 4x4 and it wouldn't have shown up with a different VIN."

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts