Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Updates on Big Red

Michigan
Hey guys! long time no talk... Been crazy crazy crazy busy around here.
Finished up a chrysler 300C srt8 build 470 rwhp and a srt8 jeep project with a 440 stroker that made 530 rwhp on the dyno. Shipping that out tomorrow.

But since the middle of april big red (my truck) has been out of commission.. and ive been way to busy to worry about it. So its been sitting on blocks..

I have however dropped the trans and T case. Powerwashed the transfer case and everything looks good. Took the trans pan off and found clutch disk and whatever decided to come loose at the bottom. Also cracked the bell housing...

I ended up loosing OD on one of my parts run. Then i lost reverse so thats when i decided to park it and start a restoration process...

First of all... I loaded it up on a car hauler and pulled it to the car wash with pops truck and power washed all under it. Lots of mud and grass came out from under it. Decided to spray the inside of my stack from underneath and ended up spraying soot all over the roof of the car wash HAHA ooooops..

Brought it home and put it on jack stands and took the tires off.. Then i painted the whole chassis with chassis saver.

Made a junkyard run one day and found my split bench with the center console that had the compartment and the cup holders (BEEN LOOKING FOR THEM EVER SINCE I BOUGHT THE DANG THING) no rips so i took them home and scrubbed with laundry soap and shop vac'd the tons of dirt that was in them..

installed the seats and OMG do i love them!

Now i ordered alto red internals for the trans, had the bell housing welded. Saturday im ordering a triple disk, billet, low stall torque converter. BTS valve body, new solenoid pack, 4r100 clutch drum, and maby billet input and output shafts..

Next is a DP tuner so i can use that BTS valve body, along with stock tuning, 50 hp economy, 80hp tow, 100 extreme, 140 smoke and lopy idle

I hope to have it back on the road soon! Its been beautiful up here in michigan and ive been dyin to drive it!

Sorry i havent been around much.. I hope to be on more often now that ive got some jobs rapped up..

I have a 06 dodge magnum comin in for a stage 2 cam, hardened pushrods, and stiffer valve springs, along with a 06 pontiac GTO for a procharger (8 psi boost) headers and a stage 3 cam..

Thats the next round of builds but it shouldnt take to long lol

Good luck Mike. I really like that truck........it's one of my favorites of all the trucks on the internet, since I've never seen it in person obviously. Jim

useless_without_pics_2.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Lol, will be bad as ss. Haha

Ford Truck Articles