Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Update on the Warwagon

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
I thought i would lay out once and for all what ive been up to lately with the F150 drivetrainwise

Before:
302 EFI with 9mm plug wires, ACCEL distributor cap, methanol soaked air filter
M5OD 5 speed
B/W T case
Y pipe cutoff after 1 gutted cat

Current:
351w EFI crate motor, 9mm plug wires, K&N intake/filter, custom built ECU brainbox with custom fuel injection and emmisions tuning (courtesy of Xtreme Automotive Monroe, WA), honed y pipe through gutted cat + 18" cherry bomb.

ZF 5 speed, Stage 2 centerforce clutch

Motor and tranny had 10k on them when i installed

B/W 1 ton T case (dont know if theres a difference there but the 4x shift pattern is different so i think its a different t case?)

Things I have noticed:
Its balls fast now, With the custom ECU it idles like chit because its programmed for WOT but runs like a raped ape

The ZF is a true 1 ton tranny, even with the aftermarket clutch every shift clanks and rattles...plus it grinds going into 3rd like every ford manual ever made.

Im having to get used to the tranny like that and having a clutch that GRABS you

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah I was gonna say-- my brother's ZF has over 200k without a rebuild I've never heard his grind.... Ever.... Sounds like Tony is on to something with the synchros ;)

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
That sounds awesome and all, but..

:post pics:

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
I can try to get vids...not sure what the point of pics is since it looks the same unless i zoomed in on the 5.8 stamped onto the intake manifold lol. It has yet to see any wheeling yet..just farm roads.

EDIT: I did just put a protech headache rack and diamond plate bedrail covers on last night so i guess pics are in order after all

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
well syncros wernt fryed before but are now...i just discovered the source of my tranny noises...someone at my shop drained the tranny and neglected to refill it OR tell me :(

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID

Shes back...everything about her is 1 ton or stronger now except the axles..i have a Sterling 10.25 full float 4.10 waiting, just have to find a D60

New headache rack and bedrail covers.
Yes i have the tailgate cover still on the F250HD, and a diamond plate rear bumper +class V tow package to swap over also

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Thanks Jr!

Ive wanted one for a long time but didnt want one with window coverings cause i have to be able to see behind when im backing up to unload into the barns...plus then id have to relocate my stickers and that just wouldnt do lol

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Nothings better my friend

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
entire drivetrain minus axles, and the suspension is rated at 2.5 tons (as claimed by skyslacker, ive only tested that to 4200lbs as of yet) Thats why you do new springs not blocks

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
haha yeah, i had some army punk challenge me to a pullup comp last week. now im not that big of a guy so he was probably trying to score an easy kill...to bad for him farm work is WAY better than gym workouts...can you beleive he made it through basic training and can only do ten 1 arms?! appalling..

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
oh boo hoo hoo Chris...he's actually got to USE his truck for somethin other than trollin the mall parkinglots...lmao he can't leave it torn apart for any length of time and hop into the MG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts