Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

update on 6.4 production

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
the courts have ruled as of march 1. 2007 for navistar to start back producing 6.4 engines. i hope quality will be there but who knows.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Yep, I'd heard that. Glad I'm not wanting a new 6.4L. Talk about trust issues and warranty concerns.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
The courts ruled the following:

1) The warrenty issue (contract disputes) can not be reason to withhold payment of motors to Navistar/Int'l.

2) Ford must immediately pay Devember & January invoices for all motor productions (6.0L and 6.4L) of the motor.

3) Navistar, upon payment, must resume manufacture of the 6.4L motor.

The court(s) ruled that Ford can not mix the two contracts together and look for "payment" ffor one contract by withholding payment on a different contract.

The issue of warrenty repair claims and the amount to be paid or re-imbursed by Navistar/Int'l is still to be decided and will be decided at a later date... but for now... 6.4L motors will be made and Ford must pay for them without delay.

Bottom line... Ford lost sales, marketshare and gained a lot of bad PR... and is no further along with their contract dispute over the 6.0L warrenty issue/claim. Funny thing, Ford likes to deny and hassel certain owners on their warrenty related problems... but is frustrated with Navistar doing it to them... a little of their own medicine I say!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts