Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Update;2000 Navigator 5.4 DOHC problems,long

Thanks guys, for the attempts to help me diagnose the engine problem with my Navigator. It turned out that the driver side intake cam chain was broken.
We did a compression test and found very low compression in cyl.s #5 and 7 so we stopped everything and removed the cam cover and found the broken chain. Knowing that that would cause valve damage we started looking for a donor vehicle or a used low(er) mileage engine at a reasonable price. I finally found one about 200 miles away and went to get it, came home and started the R&R process and finally got it all together. The engine I bought came from LKQ in Fredricksburg Va., nice people and good prices and guarantee. We got the engine in and all hooked up then took it for a ride. I must say, I am impressed! The 5.4 DOHC is a very smooth and powerful engine, very strong acceleration and so smooth to drive it feels much like an overgrown Mark VIII.
Anyway guys, I just wanted to let you know that the Navigator engine saga has been concluded. I'm happy and lovin' my Navigator. Can't wait to take a nice trip through the Blue Ridge, on the Parkway, of course. It has 4WD but I have no plans to go off road with it. :beer:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Sweet ride man... do you have pictures?

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles