Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Unlimited Cash

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
With unlimited cash I would have a tough decision to make. Color change or no color change. I always wanted another dent just like the 78 F150 that I grew up with and was really my first truck--dark matallic brown, thin orange pin strip--no chrome. But, my tu-tone green and white has really grown on my since I got my current truck--but it could use a new paint job anyway. Current paint is about 15 years old.

A D 60 front, bed side tool box, rear slider and a good 400 build would put it exactly where I want it.

Other than that, a frame of resto just to make it like new would be awesome, but by no means needed at this point. I still have a lot of loads to haul before she gets to retire!

emtzach

i get paid to do this
regardless of disposable income i could never truly enjoy my dream truck. after all the driving citations from doing all the things id do. I would have post my liscence. so theres food for thought. drive fast safety last, go big or go home

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
Unlimited funds? I'd buy my own tropical island and the only transportation I'd own would be a yacht - everything else would just be flown in to me!!

Sorry!
Interior would be all deep blue Leather all Interior lighting would be Blue LEDs.
Gauges would be Dakota Digital.
Also all exterior lighting would be LED.
Color of the truck would stay the same and I would keep all the Race track Style chrome :D
Roll pan the rear
The only thing different about the paint I would do is get allot of Air brush work done ;)
The frame would be powdered coated a dark purple the tranny and rear would be yellow.
Suicide the doors and shave the handles cut the top a few inches and thats about it. :beer:
My dad had a car with blue interior.

Black 79 f350 regular cab
30" of lift
portal axles
815" Kaase ford hemi on alcohol with a 14-71 blower
72" ag tires
a bed full of blonde strippers and a kegs

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
OK...I don't have a dent, but with unlimited cash, I'd buy one. Possibly more than one...

I'd have a '76 F-250 4x4, with a warmed-up 390, 4-speed. Pretty well stock, but add in some sound insulation, an overdrive, and a few other "convenience features".

Is that all? Color interior sounds like you have already planned this out.

I know this wasn't aimed at me...but fun to answer none the less.

I'd go two-tone, with most of the truck that medium blue Ford used in the mid-'90s, and a wide strip plus the top of the cab in an off-white. Interior mostly blue for the painted parts, black for the rest. Either a blue/white saddle-blanket seat cover on a bench, or a grey 40/20/40 split bench from a gen-9. Shiny chrome CB radio hanging from the ceiling, and a decent CD player installed, too. Rear slider for sure.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I know this wasn't aimed at me...but fun to answer none the less.

I'd go two-tone, with most of the truck that medium blue Ford used in the mid-'90s, and a wide strip plus the top of the cab in an off-white. Interior mostly blue for the painted parts, black for the rest. Either a blue/white saddle-blanket seat cover on a bench, or a grey 40/20/40 split bench from a gen-9. Shiny chrome CB radio hanging from the ceiling, and a decent CD player installed, too. Rear slider for sure.

Don't forget to powder coat the whole underneath of the truck to..:beer:

Hmmm.... first I would need to get the truck!

If money were No object I'd order up an F450 with the 6.4 and a 6 speed manual. I would get it outfitted exactly how I wanted, black with black or grey interior... don't know what it available...

i agree with m78 i look at my iron think of how much money it took to restore them,the time, the effort,the fun of scraped knuckels in bringing these trucks back to the days of looking and running like new quite happy as is woudnt change a thing regurds joe

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well...Red is pretty much there, I just wanna throw a Barnett 496 stroker in her, rebuild the C6, throw a little money towards the interior and I'll be good.

However...give me another truck, and I agree with this statement all day:

Mine would be just like preelators but nice and shiney but still capable of kicking some serious ass.

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
I'd take my 78 shortbed, rockwell 2 1/2 tons, with an 8 lug conversion, and wheel disc brakes, 4 link using king coil overs, full internal cage, 54 in. boggers, 557 cu in. bbf with p-51 heads, and a 8-71 blower feed by two big dominators. And since gas money and tire moneys not an issue I'd drive the thing to work everyday. With a nice shiny red paint job on it.

Ford Truck Articles