Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

unfinished exhaust video 429 big block

Just a short video of my temporary exhaust into 18 inch walker glasspacks. Tell me what you think. Eventually i want to build this motor to a 466 with John Kaase p51 heads the setup i want will be around 700 to 750 hp on 91 octane. But i might as well wear it out first since its still healthy yet. It has a edelbrock performer 460 intake and a 750 holly carb on it. The carb has some bugs i am trying to work out yet. Though not sure whats wrong with it its a vaccum secondary carb and its not shooting gas into the secondaries so i'm stumped any suggestions?.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqijvVbD_nU&list=UU9qwO35vMpJvGtLh6jfPMaA&index=2

primetime

sawmill slave
Sounds like a stuck needle and seat assembly to me. Whack the secondary float adjuster with a screw driver handle to see if that helps. A replacement may be in order. It`s not hard though.

Have him check the accelerator rod bushings..worn out they will leak vacuum and cause bad running.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts