Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

U-joint?

Dang... what kinda power is that motor pushing!? No wonder your having clutch issues...

Ya know, i have no way to know exactly, but i do know that it is way far from stock. motor was rebuilt for torque. heads are aboutas far from stock as you can get, along with cam and a couple other things. the guy who built it (Professional engine builder) estimated it around 550 horse. Where the torque is, i have no clue. But its a hell of a lot. I swear one time when my foot slipped off the clutch in a 2nd to 3rd shift at 6 grand my front end came off the ground.

haha, thats good to know but I think I can handle 'em.

Now, to just get around to it... my projects are starting to pile up. :headbang:
Dontcha hate how projects pile up?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Ya know, i have no way to know exactly, but i do know that it is way far from stock. motor was rebuilt for torque. heads are aboutas far from stock as you can get, along with cam and a couple other things. the guy who built it (Professional engine builder) estimated it around 550 horse. Where the torque is, i have no clue. But its a hell of a lot. I swear one time when my foot slipped off the clutch in a 2nd to 3rd shift at 6 grand my front end came off the ground.

Yeah, I would say it would have to be pretty wild, to break u-joints like you do. I'm surprised your trans is staying together actually...but I guess the clutch goes before the trans usually, unlike an auto.

and hahaha, at your foot slipping off the clutch.... I'd like to have seen that.

Dontcha hate how projects pile up?

Yep, sure do.

I could get them done it possibly in a couple days, but I'v got to much other stuff going on as well. Between school, church,and boy scouts.. I'm staying pretty busy.

Yeah, I would say it would have to be pretty wild, to break u-joints like you do. I'm surprised your trans is staying together actually...but I guess the clutch goes before the trans usually, unlike an auto.

and hahaha, at your foot slipping off the clutch.... I'd like to have seen that.

Its nuts. on the way home last i broke a joint and all i heard was the driveline clattering on the ground. Went down to the best driveline shop in town and to build it 1 piece strong enough to withstand the motor, its like 600 bucks. im going the 2 piece route, which will only be 300 bucks

I could get them done it possibly in a couple days, but I'v got to much other stuff going on as well. Between school, church,and boy scouts.. I'm staying pretty busy.

Same here. between school, work, ect, i havent the time. if i could have a week, i could get a lot done

Ford Truck Articles