Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Twenty

Twenty years ago today (June 26, 1989), my dad took delivery of his brand new 1989 F150 that he ordered from Lutz Ford in Palo Alto CA. The truck that now lives in my signature. Last Saturday it passed smog 'wonderfully' (is what the guy said) and runs good for 20 years old. I washed it up good, and and am changing the oil this weekend. These Ford trucks are awesome reliable vehicles and I hope mine is still on the road for another twenty. :)

P1010141.jpg

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Looks good for a 20 year old truck! :D

And I'm sure if you take care of it, it WILL last another 20+

Dude, that looks like my old house in elk grove, ca. it was the beige one with tile roof. i'm sure you've seen it.

Looks good for a 20 year old truck! :D

And I'm sure if you take care of it, it WILL last another 20+

Thanks, its cause I washed it lol. My dad and I went out lookin for a place to fish after it rained and it wound up turning into more of a muddin trip than a fishin trip, and I never washed it until a couple days ago. :p

Unless YOUR son turns out to be a hellion.....

Yeah, haha. :p

Dude, that looks like my old house in elk grove, ca. it was the beige one with tile roof. i'm sure you've seen it.

Cool, the house with the Tundra is next door to me. I live on the corner in the house with the boat in the driveway. The housing tracts around here all churn out very similar houses... :p

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I dunno if I could live somewhere like that or not.. kinda crammed in on each other IMO.

Plus all the neighbors would probably hate me. :rolling laugh:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Plus all the neighbors would probably hate me. :rolling laugh:
Most of my neighbors hate me.I'm proud to say I have the loudest truck on my street,and possibly in the entire neighborhood.It was louder when I took the exhaust off,but the cops didn't like that,so I had to put the exhaust back on.:(

BTW,beautiful truck Connor!

Last edited:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I think having goats is probably against the homeowners assn. rules :rofl2:

'badachang'

Most of my neighbors hate me.I'm proud to say I have the loudest truck on my street,and possibly in the entire neighborhood.It was louder when I took the exhaust off,but the cops didn't like that,so I had to put the exhaust back on.:(!

Yeah, I'm not the loudest one around here.. the bunch across the street is always working on cars and "testing" them on the street... :wasntme:

I'v seen F-150's (new and old), Lincoln town cars, ex-cop cars, dodge dakotas, a corvette (a new one), a dodge neon, and countless other cars lay rubber out of their driveway :D

Most of my neighbors hate me.I'm proud to say I have the loudest truck on my street,and possibly in the entire neighborhood.It was louder when I took the exhaust off,but the cops didn't like that,so I had to put the exhaust back on.:(

BTW,beautiful truck Connor!

Thanks man. :D

congrats! my truck turned 20 this month too!!

Awesome Travis, your truck is awesome. :)

'badachang'

Yeah, I'm not the loudest one around here.. the bunch across the street is always working on cars and "testing" them on the street... :wasntme:

I'v seen F-150's (new and old), Lincoln town cars, ex-cop cars, dodge dakotas, a corvette (a new one), a dodge neon, and countless other cars lay rubber out of their driveway :D

Haha. Nice. :p

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts