Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Turn signals, dammit

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
Hey, y'all--
So, I've been thoroughly LOVING my "new" '74 SCS, but I'm afraid I may have run into a problem that might be worth several hours of heartache...

I was pulling up to a stop sign that's at a slight right curve in the street. Hit the left turn signal, but I have to turn the wheel to the right to pull up to the stop.

The self-return on the signal triggered as I turned the wheel to the right, so I absent-mindedly held down on the turn signal arm and I heard a little click. Now, the turn signals don't work at all. No lamp, no relay/ballast sound, nothing.

I changed the relay/ballast, but that didn't fix the problem. Did I break something in the column? Has anyone run across this problem?

Chances are the only damge you have done is you broke the cancelling device so now toy have to live with it or repair it.

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
Ah, I was wondering if that's what it was--is device all part of the collar on the column? I know those things are a weak point of the Dents...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I believe it is part of the turn signal switch.

Just the steering wheel and TS switch

Lightbulbonpre77-1.jpg

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I believe it is part of the turn signal switch.
You can buy the plastic turn signal cancelling cam from an autoparts store, but it can be a real b!tch to install.

1973/77 F100/350: There are THREE different TSS's.

D3TZ13341A-Use with M/T / Available from Ford.

D3TZ13341B-Use with A/T / Available from Ford.

Ford's webpage is down, so I cannot list the MSRP or the discounted prices (from PARTSGUYED.COM) for these two switches.

D5TZ13341B-1975/77-Use with Speed Control only / Obsolete

Some can be found NOS from Ford Dealers/obsolete parts vendors.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Agree with these guys, and if it is in fact switch/cam related, for peace of mind...I think I'd just go ahead and drop the $90 and replace the switch. It's basically a matter of pulling the steering wheel, unplugging the old switch, throwing the new one in and putting the wheel back on.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Mine broke on the way home from picking the truck up...I got a NOS replacement.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I'd just go ahead and drop the $90 :confused: and replace the switch.
90 DOLLARS? Where are you buyin' it from, Ben Dover Motors?

The following fit: 1973/77 F100/350 (except 1975/77 w/Speed Control) / Note: 1978/79 F100/350 & Bronco are not the same! See post #13.

D3TZ13341A .. TSS / Use with M/T / Available from Ford.

MSRP: $96.00 // PARTSGUYED.COM price: $69.12.
-------------------------------------------------
D3TZ13341B .. TSS / Use with A/T / Available from Ford.

MSRP: $69.98 // PARTSGUYED.COM price: $50.39.

PartsGuyEd = Ed Olson, parts manager of Horizon Ford in Seattle WA

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Dammit...I got it from Bronco Graveyard for my Bronco, it was right around $95 after shipping.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
1978/79 F100/350's & Bronco's use different TSS's than 1973/77 F100/350's.

D8TZ13341A .. TSS / Use w/Tilt Wheel only / Obsolete
-----------------------------------------------------
D8TZ13341B .. TSS / Use with A/T / Available from Ford

MSRP: $110.00 // PARTSGUYED.COM price: $79.20.
--------------------------------------------------
D8TZ13341C .. TSS / Use with M/T / Obsolete

Both these obsolete TSS's can still be found at Ford Dealers/obsolete parts vendors.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts