Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Trashed Radiator

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
That sux. I feel your pain though.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Oh boy... I feel your pain also.

Just about a week after I bought my truck 10 years ago one day I stopped and heard a noise, like a squirt gun hitting metal. I also smelled coolant..... opened the hood and there were a couple pin holes just a spraying pretty as you please all over the engine and the hood....

Dak

The pictures are small when you click on them too. Any brass & copper radiator can be fixed. Unless it needs recored I'd get it fixed. Try a local shop.

78F250

New Jersey Chapter member
Going in to auto store for a radiator I was getting the $200+ quote for a new radiator. I decided to go to Advance Auto site and lo and behold it was almost $30 cheaper on their site with free shipping. I kept the web page up and took the laptop to the store with me. I got a new one for $149 plus tax. :beer: I asked the clerk why such differance and he didn't know.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Glad to hear it all worked out...I'll keep Advance in mind next time I need a radiator in a pinch.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Glad you got it cheap and your truck is fixed. When you say 2 gallons of coolant you mean 50/50 mix right?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Just checking YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts