Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tranny issues

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
So, got the bright idea to pull codes....and I tried..but then I remembered, when this thing gave me issues about 2 months ago...pulling codes with a snap-on codereader was all but useless...wouldn't connect with the ECU. So, doing some research on the symptoms I think I've got it narrowed down to the MLPS. I still want a manual regardless but it's a pain to find anything other than a 4 speed around here apparently and I love to get this fixed to get me by until I can trak one down. Anyways, it's not discriminate of speed but it'll kick down from whatever gear whether it be 3rd or OD down into what seems like second but may only just be a "kickdown" gear...whatever that is. If you can't tell I'm kinda mopey about this. Fix my e-fan charging issues by buyin a 130 amp alt. Find out I've got a bad lower balljoint and now I've got an oil leak on the front valley area of the engine(can't tell if it's the front of the intake where it meets the valley or what) and now this......life is grand. Overall, not doin too bad for a 15 year old truck. Thanks in advance...just at a loss and in new territory here and wanna bounce some ideas around.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
What would be the cheapest option for you in regards to fixing the trans.? That would be the direction I would go

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
As soon as I get a C6 and a 460 we might be able to work something out. If you haven't done a swap.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I think I got a line on one here but......I don't know if I'd want a 4 or 5......the RPM will be 500 lower with the 5 speed at operating speed.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
when this thing gave me issues about 2 months ago...pulling a snap-on was all but useless.It's a pain to find anything around here apparently and I love to track one down. If you can't tell I'm kinda mopey about this. Find out I've got a bad lower ball and now I've got oil on the front valley area and now this......life is grand. Overall, not doin too bad for a 15 year old. Thanks in advance...just at a loss and in new territory here and wanna bounce some ideas around.

Scott said he might have one.

JR have you tried Craigslist.com?

I think I got a line on one here but......I don't know if I'd want 4 or 5......

I had no idea Jr was into Trannies.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
So, no one has any ideas to bounce off on what it could be? Am I on the right track with assuming the MLPS or could it be something more in depth?

Ford Truck Articles