Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

tranny advice needed!!!!!

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I see your point there that makes since...
But if he popped the clutch then it would just strip the teeth on the one spot...
Unless it was the input side and not the output side... but if that was so then it wouldn't have forward gears...
I still think shift fork...

gotta go to bed now guys. I posted three pics in an album. couldn't do it on the emails. Didn't drive far. Throtle was up bit from the ckoke, on a hill, in a divit and popped it somewhat quiclky into reverse. Check out the pics. I tried for my van to but dont think it worked. I'll check in tommorrow. Thanks this is great.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Very nice wait till tex sees it he'll be droolin. I hope we can help figure it out as well. It definitly sounds internal it might be easiest to pull it out and take a look see.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
It sounds like to be the tranny finally gave up the ghost, i'm with Don that it could be the Folk, but I really think tranny is toast.

just thought i Would check in on things guys. Can't stay long as the girls are scrapping it out over the bath toys. Got the truck in the garage and waiting for the temperature to get up a bit more than -30. F'ing cold! There is a side plate of som sort on the side of the tranny where the shifter linkages go in that will come off. any surprises if I do that? Any reason not to?

pulled the tranny out and its full of gear parts. Figures. I was wondering if anyone knows if the 4 speed is the same hook up as the three on the tree? I have a spare 4 speed about 3 hours away but its on an 8. Anybody know?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
What kind of engine do you have?
If you have a 6 and the engine the 4 is off is a 8 I'm pretty sure you can't get it to fit.

I have the six. The new one is from an eight. The bell housing and clutch all stayed on the truck and only the gear box comes off. hope the bolt pattern is the same. I want back on the road!

Ford Truck Articles