Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

trailer weight

I am sure everyone takes different amount of risks and will have a different opinion, I would still appreciate input. I may be buying a travel trailer to stay in a few months while I finish our house this fall. I have a 94 f150. It does NOT have a rheuse (sp?) hitch, just a bumper hitch. How much weight would you carefully pull once, and hopefully a short distance. Oh there are no trailer brakes either.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Bumper hitch towing...less than 1000lbs is what I would feel safe doing. Just spend the extra couple hundred on an appropriate hitch.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I agree with Ben. Not worth losing you life or someone else's or getting hurt to save a few bucks on a hitch. I'm sure everyone has pushed the limits of what they should and shouldn't do when it comes to towing. I'm guilty of it myself and it can be scary if something goes wrong. I'd rather have the right hitch then trailer brakes. Beats seeing your bumper bend or watching your trailer go a different way then the way you are driving.

Ford Truck Articles