Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Trailer Specials

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
As I troll craigslist and eBay for '73-'75s, I see plenty of Camper Specials, but I never see Trailer Specials or even trim pieces, hardware, etc. for them.

First car I ever drove was my Dad's '73 shortbed F100 Trailer Special and after I promptly totalled it racing one of my friends home from school, I've never seen another like it.

Anyone know how many of these things were actually built and if there are any around anymore?

Trailer special was basically an emblem.

TrailerTowingPackage.jpg

79fseries.jpg

Last edited:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I may have to get my own copy of that. Thanks Dennis!

Unfortunately, I can't read the print on the pic you posted. I tried clicking it, but it just keeps loading.

You have to click it about 4-5 times total

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
I've seen a few pics of those later dent Trailer Special emblems with the outline of the U.S.. Mine was an emblem that looked just like the '73 Camper Special emblem, just with the different verbage. I'd love to find another one of these--it was a shortbed with a 360, hitch, etc.

Funny--my dad regularly pulled a 2K lb. flatbed trailer with 9N and 860 tractors on it--a little more than the factory rating, from what I can tell from those great dealer pieces!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts