Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Track Bar information?

Riotnrrd

Tennessee Chapter member
I have the 1979 Ford F-150 factory manual, but I can't find any specifics on the track bar.

Anyone know where I can find a description (and pictures) of the track bar in the factory manual (pref w/ chapter numbers, page numbers, etc), or in the Haynes manual, or elsewhere (on the internets)?

Thanks!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What are you looking for? Torque specs, which bar it is, bushing replacement, general info?

Riotnrrd

Tennessee Chapter member
What are you looking for? Torque specs, which bar it is, bushing replacement, general info?

Yes. Pictures, assembly / disassembly instructions, etc. I found one crappy picture in the factory manual but that's it.

Mainly references to good 'documentation', if such exists.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dunno of where that might be in the manual, but I'd be more than happy to snap some pics for you tonight and answer any questions you may have.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Yeah, like Ben said, ask us what your problem is and we'll be able to help you or direct you to a place that can. The trac bar is one of the most simple pieces on the vehicle, a metal bar with a couple of bushings on either end used to locate the axle laterally. They can also be fabricated from tubing and rod ends if you're having trouble locating a stock setup.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts