Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

tps replaced code 63

should i test the coil? I did with my analog voltmeter and I don't really understand the readings. It's reading about 1 ohm on the primary and 10000 on the secondary. Guess that's fine but not sure. I'm at my witts end. I really need help here. I have replaced almost every part on the electrical side of the truck. Please if you have any ideas, I need this truck to run so I can drive it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those resistance numbers are in the ballpark.

I did test it over and over and it did fail. So, back to the point, it wasn't the TFI. Any other ideas.

Ok think i found it. Warmed it up. Wouldn't start. Unplugged vacuum line, no go. Unplugged connector from MAP sensor. Cranked right up. Bad MAP sensor. Gonna test it to make sure and replace if bad. (fingers crossed)

It was the map sensor. Apparently it was not coding because it had failed completely. Vacuum was not being released. Now it's running and restarts fine. I'm going to post a thread about this later.

Ford Truck Articles