Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

To sell or not to sell...

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Ok guys dont shoot...

Ive been tossing around the idea of selling my 78 1 ton for a while. My wife is kinda pushing for it and part of me wants to cause its one less vehicle i have to repair.

It hasnt ran in a yr or more....some gas and a battery it would fire right up. It needs exhaust work and a ubolt on the rear axle...thats it.

BUT....

Its a gas hog (6mpg) none of the gauges work...it has some minor rust issues (hole in floorboard), rest of the truck is solid...plus theres not anything really itll do my 77 wont.

But ive had it 7 yrs...and its always been a good truck, got me in and out of some sticky situations...its kinda like an old dog ya know??

I would sell it if i knew someone was gonna use it or restore it and not just rip the motor out for a mud truck.

Input?

If the price is right everything is for sale. I sold my black F-250 and I owned that for a looong time. There are plenty more out there and better will come along.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My philosophy has always been, if you don't need the money, it's not hurting anything just sitting there...but don't let it just sit there to rot either.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Hasnt ran in a year. You dont need it. Sell it maybe someone else does.

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Yeah tough call.....it still stings to this day when I think back to when I sold my bump, but it was a practical thing for me as well and the wifey had some influence.

Sell it and when things are better, grab another one of these work rigs down the road.

If not, Ben's right....it's not good to just let it sit and rot.....If you keep it, pull it out and work on it.

rambler

New Shoes......
If the wife is pushing you to sell it, then put it up for sale,,just mark up the price a bit... if someone pays it ... bonus.. if not.. then you tried....

That is something you have to think about if you were to sell it would you regret it? If so then don't, but like it was stated before don't let it rot by sitting at least drive it around the block a couple of times a month. But just throw an ad up and see if there are any bites if so just try to make sure it goes to someone who will do the proper thing with it. You have the right to refuse a sale to anyone you want to.
I know I would like to have it but I am needing one that can be used as a daily driver with little to no work as I am needing to sell my car to afford a truck, especially a low mpg one.

Good luck with your decision and just remember to really think about it before making a final decision.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Yeah...im still undecided. Its not money issues forceing sale...its just i got too much stuff around. I could probely fill 4 threads with half finished projects...plus the ol lady complains a bit.

I dont know if id regret it or not..i do like it being there incase my 400 gives up in my 77 i got a strong running replacement to drop in :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Only reason to keep it is 1) for strong sentimental attachment...which it doesn't sound like you have. 2) It's an investment...which these trucks aren't. 3) You won't be able to find another one...and 73-79 made no less than a half million Fseries trucks a year over that span...so there are more out there.

Besides...it'll keep the OL happy. If you look to sell it, have a couple different selling prices in mind...what you have to have for it, the you want for it and the 'oh my god I can't turn that price down'.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts