Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

tires>>> help

emtzach

i get paid to do this
i got stock 17"s not my choice the wifes being really frugal with MY money lately but how Tall wide can i go with the stock wheels im leveling this weekend... thank u ebay now i wanted to start looking for some used mudders for the upcoming event in WA please help

I got 17 inch rims they arent stock. I wana say they are 17x9 and I can go up to 35/12.50/17 or maybe a little wider. I have a 3 inch leveling kit. A 2.5 will allow you to go up to 35's but for stock rims I dont know how wide you can go.

mSaLL150

California Chapter member
With a leveling kit:
Stock rims: 35x12.50
Aftermarket rims with less backspacing and wider than stock: 33x12.50 or 33x13.50

Prepare to have rubbing, you'll need to trim the valence a little. These sizes are assume your truck is a 4x4.

emtzach

i get paid to do this
thanks guys yeah I keep getting told i have to get new wheels but i need to save money right now im puting in a 3 inch level this weekend so i want to go put the tires on after i put in the lift it kills me the wheels would be cheeper than tires oh well pay to play i will have pics after the work

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
thanks guys yeah I keep getting told i have to get new wheels but i need to save money right now im puting in a 3 inch level this weekend so i want to go put the tires on after i put in the lift it kills me the wheels would be cheeper than tires oh well pay to play i will have pics after the work

Make sure you don't get the kind that is flat on one side. smilietease

emtzach

i get paid to do this
thnxs its our first my second both boys yeah shes killin me shes like why do u NEED tires and i replied i dont NEED them i want them big diff and i wont be able to get anything for myself for a while in a month........ so i slept on the couch last night then she sends me a text today and says i can get them..... damn hormones lol

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
thnxs its our first my second both boys yeah shes killin me shes like why do u NEED tires and i replied i dont NEED them i want them big diff and i wont be able to get anything for myself for a while in a month........ so i slept on the couch last night then she sends me a text today and says i can get them..... damn hormones lol

It gets worse. We raised 3 sons

could be worse... two teenage girls. talk about friggin' hormones.'smiliedoh' even the dog's a girl... at least with boys you've only got one prick to worry about, with girls you've got every prick to worry about. oh, did I mention the 2 year old grandson? at least there will be another pair in the house.

Congrats papa, it's all worth it in the end.

LT metric i think you can go up to 305/70-17 which is purdy close to 35" with just a little trim on the lower valance. but if you want mudders, you will probably want the floatation sizes (35x12.5).

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts