Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tire Time For Me

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Holy crap, the previous engine must have been either beat on or poorly looked after.

i got a friend that pulled the Oasis report... it was during the first owner owning it.. and i know they used it for Commercial Use.. i got no clue what the 2nd owner used it for... but i have the service history from the 1st ppl... tech stated for the reason of the engine being replaced as "coolant found in crankcase"

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Abuse I'd guess....as much as these engines get a bad rep...a very good friend is a HD mechanic at one of the diamond mines in the Arctic and all they run is Fords...with very few failures....and I know of many 6.0's here with no issues including my own.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Abuse I'd guess....as much as these engines get a bad rep...a very good friend is a HD mechanic at one of the diamond mines in the Arctic and all they run is Fords...with very few failures....and I know of many 6.0's here with no issues including my own.

yeah i havent had issues with the engine itself... its everything else in the drivetrain lol.... but i know the 6.0's are know for 3 main issues... Head gasket failure.. Head studs... and the EGR going.. head gaskets though is 70% of the time due to the weak factory studs... EGR imo is just a bad idea to begin with... i hate em lol...

which i kinda wonder if that "coolant in the crankcase was due to the headgasket.. also know its had 4 turbos.. 1 exhaust up pipe... and 1 EGR replacement... i got no clue what owner 2 did since they never popped up on the report.. im guessing if anything they did oil changes...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I don't think the head bolts were an issue unless they were exposed to insane boost levels...the EGR...yeah, thank you EPA.
I'm guessing the PO had a tuner on an insane level while trying to tow 20k#....that I have seen with bad results...but it's Ford's fault :headbang:

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
I don't think the head bolts were an issue unless they were exposed to insane boost levels...the EGR...yeah, thank you EPA.
I'm guessing the PO had a tuner on an insane level while trying to tow 20k#....that I have seen with bad results...but it's Ford's fault :headbang:

i dont think the first owner woulda tunered it.. because it acts too much like its stock.. but who knows.. the build sheet is listed being sold to like a Home repair company outta Florida instead of an individual... 2nd owner i dunno what they did with it... i know they had atleast a little girl... found Hello Kitty jewelry all over it.. ntm french fries, cracker jacks, popcorn... ect ect... and least 1 broken window.. by the amount of glass shards i found under the back seat.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hard to say.....but it sounds like it has a better owner now

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
yep... a broke one too :(

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
sure hope so...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hey...my bedplate gasket, EGR delete, programmer etc from my local Ford dealer was around 7k...well worth it!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
ive probably spent that much in repairs this yr...

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I like the Michelin LTX M/S2 much better than the BFG's that came on it. I didn't pick up any mileage increase, but gained ride quality.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i actually told the shop today to do the Mich LTX's today.. finally got the warranty straightened out from when the AC compressor "exploded".. so now i getting tires YAY!!.. said it should be ready come monday...

Ford Truck Articles