Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Time for an update

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
Well guys, I think its time for an update!. A few have seen my old F150 that I bought back in November. The truck made me weary and sounded like it may have been developing the diesel noise and I wasn't about to throw that kind of money into it replacing phasers on a truck that I just bought. Also it just wasnt as nice and clean as I am accustomed to and needed work, so I sold it, made some money on it, and found me another truck!

I was really aggrevated with dealerships trying to rape me on prices of the trucks and was down and out I couldnt find a decent one at a decent price UNTIL i ran across a guys truck on the other F150 forum!

So met up with him, tested the truck, looked it over real good, asked about phasers, spark plugs, and checked things like the ashtray that I had to replace on my other truck and a few other things...the truck is sweeeeeet! Just the right amount of mods and things that I would have done had i been modding an F150 from the beginning. Picking the truck up Thursday!

DSCF3986.jpg

DSCF3985.jpg

DSCF3988.jpg

DSCF3989.jpg

DSCF3992.jpg

DSCF3987.jpg

The ranger is being taken to a dealer sale today with my buddy who is going to sell it for me down there. bye bye Ranger, youve been a great friend

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
That is a beautiful clean truck you got there - great that it came with all the mods you were after too.

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
no kidding! I always wanted exhaust but never bit the bullet on it! Lus I only had a V6, this truck sounds MEAN with the flowmaster 40s and an x pipe

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
The only downfall to the truck is the need of tires in about 10000 miles, but im still saving compared to buying from a dealership. Drove one JUST like it with 4k more miles and it was 19900 and only a year newer. Im getting this one for 15k

dixie_boysles

MA, NC

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
Sounds like a fair deal. What size are the tires? Are they stock? The stance looks a little different than stock to me.

Ryan

It has a 2 1/2" leveling kit and 325s (35" tire). so its definitly not stock. It has a n 87 performance tune and a 87 towing tune and even with the 35s, still gets the same gas mileage as my other 04 was getting stock. The exhaust and stuff probably help that though

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Good looking truck, congrats.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts