Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tilt steering column

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What's the market??? I've got a pretty good looking one on the hook, assuming it has the stereotypical issues...what's it go for??? I know those things were bring stupid money a couple years ago. Guy also has a GT steering wheel that's involved. I'm swapping an old 2150 and matching intake plus $150. Yay or nay???

Manimal

California Chapter member
A couple of years ago, I would get about $350 for a tilt Ford column...but like you said, that was a couple of years ago. Check e-bay for current listings and see what "THEY" are asking for them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
This is what it looks like...
image111.jpg

image110.jpg

I figure giving up a 2bbl set up that's sitting on the shelf for that tilt PLUS a GT wheel for $150...I didn't think was that bad.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Agreed...except the 2150 is pretty doggon unbeatable offroad. But it seems even the guys that want one don't want to pay $25 for them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
the 2150 carb alone fetches $100 here (in good condition with all original parts)

Holy dog spit...I have a truck load of them...you pay to have them shipped and all I ask for is 25% of that sales price...you keep the rest.

We came to terms last night...just have to get it here now. Best way and cost to ship that thing???

Have him pull the steering wheel that is on it and keep it, looks like crap. Put the column in one box and the GT wheel in another.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Never saw this button emblem before...I've just seen ford or a mustang...anyone seen it before???

image112.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
A Mercury GT wheel??????? From Canada eh???

Not so sure if it was specific to the Mercury but I believe that design was used in most of the cars that got the wheel.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thank you gentlemen.

I have 6 tilt columns for sale. My restored ones I sell for $150.00 w/o wheel.
That one from what in can see I would sell for $75.00.

Things to know condition of.
1) tilt mechanism
2) turn signal cam
3) inner tube to outer tube attaching screws.
4) wiring harness

Tilt mechanisms go bad from heavy guys pulling themselves into truck.
Cams get brittle and break
Ppl ruin the tube to tube attaching screws trying to separate them to fix the came or tilt mechanism
The harnesses for tilt columns are not available anymore.

The tilt column requires the special coupler to mate up to the shaft on a 4x2.
The bronco may or may not be compatible due to the shaft design.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts