Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

thoughts? opinions?

my 360 in my truck there is a slight tick idles rough. like 4 foot stgraight pipes so loud right now

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Hard to tell with exhaust leaks....That would be my starting point as the engine fired right up at the turn of the key....could be as simple as tuning up the engine...plugs, wires,ect.....

Idk if you can hear it in the video but there's a hissing noise and after you shut down the truck it still hisse for a couple seconds. What could it be?

All my spark plugs are red. Some have some orange. Heard it could be running lean, loose intake, running too hot. What is the problem? Or is it something thats not to worry about? What should the intake be torqued down to?

Attachments

• image.jpg
the hissing could be anything that requires a vacuum. my 79 does this at the brake booster (the grommet has a crack in it) but it doesnt affect the brakes at all im still goin to fix it all the same though

no fuel additives whatsoever until today and it was stuff to clean the system a little bit and i only used half of what i should have used, the plugs have been like that for a couple weeks though.

the hissing almost sounds like the brakes it kept drawing my attention to them they aren't acting funny so it can wait to be fixed.

Get someone to turn the engine off while you have your head under the bonnet - see if you can pinpoint the location of the leak and fix it - you might need to get a vacuum pump to pull a vacuum on the system to trace it properly.

Definitely a vacuum leak causing your rough idle issues though.

i'll check out all the vacuum stuff tomorrow. i need to do some work around the house hopefully it doesn't break down don't have anything to get it back to the house with.

did a compression test with the truck running its 122...

washed half od the truck its rainy today but it still made a huge difference

Attachments

• IMG_0791.JPG
  • IMG_0786.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Holy crap do those pics bring back memories!!...I had a 75 with a 360....same Gumbo Monster Mudders!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
it looks good with the big mudders but they suck for driving.

When I was 19, it didn't matter....they looked cool :D

I had armstrong steering and a 10'' wheel....lol!

i have the stock wheel and stock steering i'm pretty sure. tires are 15.5 inches wide and 35 tall

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Not mine...it was a tired old truck even back in the mid eighties when I had it....Ramsey PTO winch.....decent sized bush guard...I'll try to find a pic

i have a 1/4-1/2 inch thickbumper made out of channel steel and some plates. its tweaked badly and no winch.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts