Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

This guy got the ebay shaft

Might be on a 73. I should have clarified what year I was talking about but the truck in question is claimed to be a 79. I'll guarantee you won't find one on any 78-79 F-series other than a F-series Camper Special.

My whole point is the seller screwed the buyer. He has played the game a long time, sells a ton of stuff for these thrucks and knew exactly what to put in the ad and what not to put in the ad.

My parts 78 had a tag behind the breather and it was a F150 and not a camper special.And i think my 79 is the same way

Post a picture Tony. With as many of these I have parted I have never seen a VIN tag on the firewall ecept on the CS models.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
smilieeatndrink

Just stopping by to subscribe.

my truck doesn't have that tag on the firewall. Where's it supposed to be ?

The VIN # is stamped/engraved onto the top side of the passenger side frame rail about alongside the frt pass tire.Some can be read upside down with a mirror or lightly chalked to raise up the digits.I "think" I saw iit on a Bronco fire wall behind nthe breather,BUT I can't remember/not sure.I will chk NEXT time though :)

Last edited:
my truck doesn't have that tag on the firewall. Where's it supposed to be ?

Yours is a Cs and it should be right in the middle of the cowl behind the air filter like bicycle said. It is a buck tag that is held on by a screw. I'll see if I got a picture of it from my old F-350 Supercab I had.

The VIN # is stamped/engraved onto the top side of the passenger side frame rail about alongside the frt pass tire.Some can be read upside down with a mirror or lightly chalked to raise up the digits.I "think" I saw iit on a Bronco fire wall behind nthe breather,BUT I can't remember/not sure.I will chk NEXT time though :)

That would be the first I've ever heard of one on a Bronco.

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
Scott..is this the tag you are referring to??

on my 79 supercab f150 4x4
2zq776d.jpg

I too agree, that something was not right w/ the presentation of the sellers ad, but as a comment was made before...we don't know what may or may not have transpired between or after the sale.

Last edited:
Scott..is this the tag you are referring to??

on my 79 supercab f150 4x4
2zq776d.jpg

I too agree, that something was not right w/ the presentation of the sellers ad, but as a comment was made before...we don't know what may or may not have transpired between or after the sale.

Lost in Fords I've only ever seen that bracket the tags attached to on Broncos.Did it come with ur trk when u bought it or did u add it??

Thats it Bob. I have only seen those on the CS models. Is that truck a CS Bob?

lostinfords

The tag was there I just added the tag from the truck to the bracket when I added the bracket to the supercab, it really helped w/ keeping/reducing the hood shake on the bumpy roads at higher than ''recommended'' speeds!

lostinfords

I don't think it was Scott... it did however have the Explorer badges on the bed and the hood ornament, but it did not have anything indicating it was a CS, but I am only a dentside fanatic..in training...thinking that by owning a few the osmosis will take effect??
was an explorer part of the CS?

lostinfords

Well the 79 supercab 4x4 is not actually a 1/2 ton/150, it was assigned a Y200 label for the 5 lug rotors/single caliper HD44 w/ leaf springs, only for the 78/79 150 4x4 supercab, i don't know if that has any relevance on the CS or not, none in my stable have that classification of Cs ...at least that I am aware of

Not sure if it was previously mentioned in this thread or not, but I had a similar problem when I bought my rig. The buyer didn't have a VIN anywhere on the truck. I ultimately had to have a DPS investigator go over the truck with a fine tooth comb and found a VIN on the frame. Then took the affidavit to the county tax assessor to get a new VIN tag re-issued. Was a royal PIA, but she's all mine now... I relayed that info to the seller on Ebay. I think 'he' is a 'she'...

Wow ! I was really surprised to read about this from that seller. Everything Ive ever seen he had listed for sale looked top notch. I have seen atleast 3 1979 trucks hes had on ebay that were absolutly gorgeous. I did see this truck listed and remembered thinking this truck was not near as nice as what I normally see him list. I wonder how much of a loss this poor buyer is gonna have to take. Id still like to have it but not for 9600 with all the issues.

Scott, my truck dosn't have the tag on the firewall. And I don't believe it ever did.Could those tags be specific to certain factories ? Or 4x4 or 2x4 ?

lostin fords, I pulled one of those brackets from a bronco and installed it on my truck. It makes alot of sense to have it. I recommend everybody to get one!!!

And yours is a CS to Mark. I don't know anymore. I have only seen them on CS models but X36 said he seen them on Bronco's. I really thought I had those tags figured out but I guess not. I'm going to check the crewcab next time I'm at the shop and see if there is one on that.

Ronzi I've also seen nothing but quality from him so it suprised me as well.

Ranger429, just checked my '78 F150 4x4 parts truck for the firewall tag. It is there (with the VIN stamped in it) and it matches the VIN tag on the door. ;)
I'm not sure about my 78 F250 Crewcab. It had been repainted before I got it and don't recall seeing the tag on the firewall. However, there was a tag in the glovebox when I bought the truck - can't remember what it was. I need to find it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts