Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

things to do in MO

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Let me know when and we'll get some BBQ.

Ryan

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Well since you're in town you have to do at least 1 or two BBQ joints. If I had to send you anywhere for BBQ, it would probably be Arthur Bryant's. That's the place where celebs or presidents go when they're in town. The atmosphere is old school, so don't expect a white table cloth, but you'll love it.

You'll also be near Fiorella's Jackstack BBQ in the warehouse district. Now that is going to be your white table cloth bbq joint. The prices aren't outrageous but it feels way more upscale. They have $6-8 sandwiches and $15-29 platters.

Lydia's is a great Italian joint, very upscale. There are Mexican joints ALL up and down Southwest Boulevard, one as good as the next, they all have their own unique selling points. Best pizza joints are probably Waldo Pizza & Minsky's Pizza. Best bar food... Maybe the Peanut. Best home cooking, probably Stroud's.

Your wife would probably really enjoy shopping at the Plaza. It's a really high end shopping area in the middle of a pretty crummy area, so you have a mixed crowd there. Having said that, there are some very high end steakhouses there (Plaza 51, Ruth's Chris, etc), if you wanted to splurge for 1 big fancy meal.

As for activities, it's hard for locals to tell out of towners what's fun, because we don't do the stuff they are interested in. :rofl: I remember when I went to Nashville I told Chris we were going to the Country Music Hall of Fame, and he replied "Oh, we've never been."

There's some stuff to do at Union Station. Science City is a permanent fixture, but right now they have this huge Pirate Exhibit.

It's too bad the Royals are out of town next weekend. I know you're not big Royals fans, but the stadium is really something to behold. They fixed that place up NICELY for the 2012 All Star week, and now we all get to enjoy it.

There's always World's of Fun & Oceans of fun, but Jacob will end up keeping you there ALL DAY. It's fun but probably not how you want to spend your weekend to Kansas City.

There's a WWI museum at Liberty Memorial, but I've never been. I hear it's awesome, but it's one of those things a local never gets around to doing. There's the Boulevard Brewery, but I think it's tough to get in a tour on short notice (it's always booked). It might be worth a call to see if anyone cancelled. I hear the tour is great, samples included.

We'll keep thinking.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts