Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Theory on what destroyed my 6.0L

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Agreed, i was trying not to get to heavy into nitromethane, as i am afraid Todd will want to run that in his truck next.'hah' :spank:
The track did have a 99.9% Methanol Pump. :) But,I'd alreay heard what happens when you use that in the system. From my understanding talking to Matt Geouge, it took out one bank of cylinders, but still limped home. Now that's amazing!!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Something I've been kicking around in my head that may be useful for racing applications is tying in an electric oil pump, I was going to use it as a preluber but the idea could easily be adapted to an engine saver. Basically tie in the pump circuit to a pressure switch, when the oil pressure drops to say 30 psi, turn on the pump. Now a little electric pump won't put out the kind of oil the stock pump would but it should provide enough to save the bottom end and the cam. YelloThumbUp
That thar is one great idear!! I could actually run two in parallel if I really wanted.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
We do think we discovered yet another issue. :)

We had the NOS jet on the Cold Side CAC pipe right on the last bend. The Water/Meth jets were tapped right into the Banks High Ram Intake. So they were roughly 9 inches apart. Anybody know at what temp Water/Meth freezes at? -30*. Now, what temp is NOS injected at? How about -170*. We think there's some scratches in the intake which means something kinda solid went though. We're thinking we froze the water/meth. How possible do ya'll think that is?

Fellro

Staff member
Well, I would say it is quite possible... Kinda like playing with liquid nitrogen...

Well, I would say it is quite possible... Kinda like playing with liquid nitrogen...

Now that is fun stuff. YelloThumbUp We played with that a lot in physics class in college.

Fellro

Staff member
I have a little different experience with it, since we owned the tank it was in, storing semen for the cattle...

Ford Truck Articles