Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The transformation is about to begin...

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Ok so here we go. before and after pics. I also have exhaust clips but they sound horrible so I am debating on wether or not it is even worth it to post. I tried to park the truck in as close to the same spot as possible.

BEFORE
Side
DSCF1184.jpg

Front measurement to bumper (between lower chrome and upper painted portion)
DSCF1190.jpg

Height of tire
DSCF1191.jpg

Height to top of step bar under the driver's door
DSCF1193.jpg

Diameter of Exhaust
DSCF1189.jpg

Engine compartment to show intake
DSCF1196.jpg

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
And After pics. I will list all the mods in the next post...

AFTER
Side
DSCF1216.jpg

Height at the front bumper
DSCF1221.jpg

The new rims/tires
DSCF1217.jpg

Height of tire
DSCF1222.jpg

Height of step
DSCF1223.jpg

Exhaust
DSCF1220.jpg

DSCF1219.jpg

Engine compartment
DSCF1225.jpg

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Ok so the truck was STOCK sitting on factory 20's wrapped in 285/55/r20

All the work was done at 4Wheel Parts here in Temecula. Their customer service was great. They kept me posted on the progress of getting the parts needed to do the build. Kept me posted on the progress of the build on build day and over all think they did a good install.

As the truck sits now:
Bilstein 5100's all the way around
Part #F4-BE5-C300-H0 in the front for leveling
Part #F4-BE5-C301-H0 in the rear
Moto Metal 957 18x9 (6x135 lug pattern) rims in a matte black finish W/black lug nuts.
BFG 285/65/r18
Banks CAI
Part #41806
Banks Monster Exhaust
Part #48743
Gryphon Tuner with Custome tuning by Power Hungry performance (waiting on the custom tunes to be sent out)

Last edited:
paint the calipers red!!!!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Well it has been a while since I made the upgrades and I can say I am still happy. The idea of using the bilsteins has allowed me to basically kep the same ride quality as stock. Visibility is so much better withthe higher stance. I guess the exhaust is louder then it seems to me because apparently my son can hear me coming from 2 streets away now.

I get lots of compliments on the wheel/tire combo and how they make the truck look.

Overall I am very satisfied with the outcome. And because they have gotten some bad press in the past I want to say I was very satisfied with my local 4wheelparts store. They helped me do what I wanted to do, kept me posted on the parts progress when they were waiting on some and did the install in a day.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I can't belive I missed this thread....

The truck looks AWESOME. The white truck really looks good! LOL I hope to get mine onto the Dyno to get her tuned here shortly.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
ahhh..Ok on the exhaust tip thing I guess.

I wasn't ignoring you Tex. I have for the longest time been trying to figure out if I notice any difference or not. My problem is that I went from stock to what you see it as today in a single day so it is hard for me to say if the Banks intake has made a significant difference or not.

With the tuner, exhaust and intake I notice a huge difference. The most important to me is the fun factor because my truck is REALLY fun to drive now. That is probably due to he lack of pedal lag overall speed gas mileage and the just plain looks cool factor.

The only issue I do have is the exhaust noise in that it is much louder then before BUT not unbearable meaning I can still hold a normal conversation with others in the truck but it is very noticeable. I hope to fix that coming up soon. I am gonna pull the back seat out and dynamat (or something similar) the back wall and underneath the back seat.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
ahhh..Ok on the exhaust tip thing I guess.

I wasn't ignoring you Tex. I have for the longest time been trying to figure out if I notice any difference or not. My problem is that I went from stock to what you see it as today in a single day so it is hard for me to say if the Banks intake has made a significant difference or not.

With the tuner, exhaust and intake I notice a huge difference. The most important to me is the fun factor because my truck is REALLY fun to drive now. That is probably due to he lack of pedal lag overall speed gas mileage and the just plain looks cool factor.

The only issue I do have is the exhaust noise in that it is much louder then before BUT not unbearable meaning I can still hold a normal conversation with others in the truck but it is very noticeable. I hope to fix that coming up soon. I am gonna pull the back seat out and dynamat (or something similar) the back wall and underneath the back seat.

Hmm cool man well keep us up update on it i'm interested in getting one for my bronco any ways you truck kicks ass :D

mSaLL150

California Chapter member
Thats what i did. I sound deadened my truck and it made a HUGE difference. I have a small 9" muffler and 35 " mud terrains, yet in the cab while cruising you cant hear the tire hum and the exhaust sounds stock.

Make sure you close up the vents when you pull the backseat off, that makes a huge difference in noise cancelation. Also, zip tie the little clips to make it easier to get back there.

Here are some pictures of what i did:

001-7.jpg

Here is one of the vents all sealed up. I put duct tape over it, then 2-3 layers of Raamat.

004-4.jpg

I also did my doors and the rear floor. At some point i'll tear the headliner out and do the roof. I hear when done properly you cant even hear rain hitting the roof.

Ford Truck Articles