Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Swap Begins

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Emissions are worthless lol. Cats removed from everything I own lol. Sounds better, flows better.

In other news I got all my gaskets today
So this is what I did, bronco oil pan, intake set, timing cover set, waterpump, valve cover gaskets. Then stang head gaskets, rear main seal, oil pump. Alot of the part numbers were the same for stang and bronco, HO vs Non-HO

I think that will work lol.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Id rather do that for my stang lol, not my free bronco im tryin not to spend alot on lol.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I think yours is...but mine's not..it will be once it's in Aruba...hence the reason I'm hunting for a diesel..diesels are exempt...

emissions what is emissions lol? we dont have emissions here

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Lol, my stang gets new everything. I love that car to much to go used.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Nice, should have given it a good washin'.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well last night I took the heads of the HO block, and cleaned it all up to get ready for the GT-40 heads. I also stripped most of the old bronk motor down, excapt for the intake, dizzy, and old oil pump and strainer. Here are some pics.
IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Old motor was grimy lol
IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Anyone know what this is? I dont think my HO has a spot for this. I didnt look but I dont think I saw anything. The plug next to the thermistor tube.
IMG_0435.jpg

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
that looks like the oil pressure sensor

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
oil pressure sensor is up front, you should see the pics that JR wanted to see. My motor had some contraption on it so it could use the stock one and the aftermarket one.

I do have a question, the flexplate is counterbalanced, I know when I put a lightweight alum flywheel in my stang, it was also counterbalanced, do I need the counterbalace for the HO motor? And where do I put it?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Here are more update pics.
IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

So here is whats done, heads on, rr's on, valve covers on, intake is soking in mineral spirits and getting cleaned up. Ill button it all up sunday and maybe drop the motor in sunday or monday.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
looks good man git r done.....I'm surprised the factory timing set lasted that long in the Bronco..the nylon crap doesn't usually....I think that plug is the other coolant temp gauge...there's two on there. On is for the ECU to determine fuel mixture (lean or rich) and the other is for temp info....

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Then there is 3 on the bronk, caus there is one in the heater tube as well.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Boss gave it to me, its got a heater pump, was the 1st time I used it, works so well. Got the motor back in today, and bolted up to the trans. Just got to put her back together now.
IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
It runs, YESSSS DAMN IT SO EXCITED..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts