Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Mustang needs more power so...........

FTF'er
Will your headers work with the P heads? And what cam is that?

Will your headers work with the P heads? And what cam is that?

I bolted up one of the headers and I see what everyone is talking about.It,s looks like a problem getting a socket on the plug.I have some old sockets and before I bolt the heads on I am going to see if I can,t just grind a socket down to get the plug out or cut a slit in a socket.I think I can come up with something.I,ll take a picture of it later if you like.
Trick Flow stage one.

FTF'er

Nah, thanks, but I don't need a pic. I was making sure you checked the plug angle before you actually went through the trouble of bolting the heads down. The P heads work for some people and not for others. You may have to use wires with 90* boots if you have straight boots now.

Keep us posted on how it goes... and how much of a difference it makes smiliepeelout

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I'd really like to have that Mustang..
Is there umm, any one you would liked bumped off? :D

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
is the GT40p a better flowing head than the regular GT40 ?

i only know that the gt40p's has a different angle plugs

is the GT40p a better flowing head than the regular GT40 ?

i only know that the gt40p's has a different angle plugs

Yes the GT-40P heads flow more than the GT-40's, but not by much.

GT-40 Average Flow:
INTAKE: 138.6 CFM. Valve size: 1.84
EXHAUST: 103.2 CFM. Valve size: 1.54
Combustion Chamber sizes (CC): 60-63 (93-95 Cobra) or 63-66 (96-97 Explorer)

GT-40P Average Flow:
INTAKE: 149.2 CFM. Valve size: 1.84
EXHAUST: 107 CFM. Valve size: 1.46
Combustion Chamber sizes (CC): 58-61 (97-00 Explorer)

Last edited:
I just got back from a quick test drive down the road.Just timing set by ear,no hood on.
It pulls a lot better.Before it would fall off at 4k.No more it pulls and keeps pulling.
I,m letting it cool down.The passenger side header is leaking.I need to fix that,set the timing,put the hood on,and evac and charge the ac.

It is the nice looking 94 mustang.Not the ugly( "box" body) foxbody.:cooldude:

You guys mean.smilietease The mustangs I like best are the 1969 and 1970.Next is the 94 and 95 because you get the newer body style with the good ole 302 .

I got it all together now.I can,t get the header to seal at back were it mounts up to the h-pipe .I think my h-pipe maybe hanging down to far.
I need to do something with exhaust anyway.I am just going to drive for now.

A little update.I went ahead and put some 3.73,s in it.When I changed the trans ,I had a dakota speedo calibrator in it already.
I really like that thing.To correct my speedo ,took a touch of a button.:)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts