Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dentsdes we find for sale - post them here

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Maybe its a late 77 and they just switched the grille out?

Just went back and looked at it a little more in depth...it's definitely a late '77 for all the reasons Eric said...and a quick look at the VIN (assuming it's correct) shows it is in in fact a later '77 because it's after Y20,000.

For the record...the grille remained the same throughout '77, so no swap is necessary.

For the record...the grille remained the same throughout '77, so no swap is necessary.

Did not know that, learn something new every day! So there are "lowboy" F250s with the 76-77 grilles? Cool. Now I know.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
He did post some pictures on the other Ford trucks site for that truck and if it was the right time for me, I would be all over that truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
He did post some pictures on the other Ford trucks site for that truck and if it was the right time for me, I would be all over that truck.

Huh...didn't recognize the truck or the screen name (doesn't mean much)...must be a newer guy.

Yeah it was someone updating an old post about pictures for a super camper special from last week and then the guy I linked the ad for put some pictures up.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
Hell yeah that's a good looking rig. Makes me skeptical though, I'd say it's priced too low for nothing to be wrong. But if everything checks out...I think I'd feel bad trying to negotiate down.

Not necessarily, though, Ben. This is a very rural area he's at (town pop. ~700) with it's 2 closest large markets being Butte and Bozeman (~70-100 mi.) and even further away, Idaho Springs. Being a Montana native, I can attest to their current state of economy, and he might feel that his asking price is a good starting point to feel out the market and generate some interest. It may fetch that amount quickly, it may not. It depends upon his marketing and how many ads he has out there - if it is only CL, then it may take longer to move it. Also, CLEAN can mean a plethora of different things to different folks!;)

Hell yeah that's a good looking rig. Makes me skeptical though, I'd say it's priced too low for nothing to be wrong. But if everything checks out...I think I'd feel bad trying to negotiate down.

I hear ya, it looks like a 4-5K truck from the pics but we all know pics can be deceiving, it's either way underpriced or has issues he didn't disclose in the ad.

Not necessarily, though, Ben. This is a very rural area he's at (town pop. ~700) with it's 2 closest large markets being Butte and Bozeman (~70-100 mi.) and even further away, Idaho Springs. Being a Montana native, I can attest to their current state of economy, and he might feel that his asking price is a good starting point to feel out the market and generate some interest. It may fetch that amount quickly, it may not. It depends upon his marketing and how many ads he has out there - if it is only CL, then it may take longer to move it. Also, CLEAN can mean a plethora of different things to different folks!;)

You raise a good point but being a native Montanan yourself you know many of us are all too familiar with having to drive 2hrs to the nearest mall, walmart, etc. Most if not all of his perspective buyers as you noted will be 1 to 2hrs away so you really have to be serious about buying a truck to give up 4-6hrs of your day just to look at it, so that may factor into his price point, but having said all that it still seems to be priced a tad on the low side, what part of Montana are you from btw?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Know this guy from a local board...has a decent bronco...he says he wants 2400 for it, dunno where his reserve is at though:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Are those 6" rear blocks I see...can you say axle wrap???????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/78-F....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Wonder how much he actually wants for this thing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I think it's purdy...but I'd like to see underneath:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lift....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts