Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

the dents we drive :)

i figured since there are posts such as "the dents we find" and "what did you do to your dent today" why not one about the ones we drive on a regular basis?? that said here are some pics of my 79 3/4 ton 2wd that i only paid $400 for

Attachments

• temp.jpg
  • temp(1).jpg
  • WP_002139.jpg
Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Here's mine trying out it's new set of chains.

DSCF2432.JPG

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
another that didnt upload the first time

Cool....is that an AC compressor?...didn't know a straight 6 can handle one without bogging it down.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Here's mine trying out it's new set of chains.

DSCF2432.JPG

Love that picture.....how come no chains on the back? Or if only one set of 2, wouldn't you want it on the back? Not sure how that goes....thought I'd ask first. :wavey:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That's the smog pump .

Is that a CA emissions thing? I haven't been around these rigs long enough I guess to see one.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Love that picture.....how come no chains on the back? Or if only one set of 2, wouldn't you want it on the back? Not sure how that goes....thought I'd ask first. :wavey:

Thank you! Yes, Ken. Normally the tire chains would go on the back. Ideally I should have 4 chains on. But I was punching through some pretty good drifts(bumper height) and wanted the traction up front where most of the work was being done.

I had just purchased the chains and wanted to see how they did. I'm not sure if I will get another set, just because they would rarely be used. It's not like I have to travel roads like that everyday.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
if im not mistaking the smog pump is a "general" or "standard" emissions setup on these

Smog pumps or air pumps became standard fare for 1/2 ton and light duty 3/4 ton trucks in 1979, as did the unleaded gas requirement for the 49 state region.

Heavy duty 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks had the same requirement, but at a later date, and I don't know what date that was.

One of the reasons for producing the F-150 was to raise the GVW above 6000 lbs(6050) which was the cutoff point for unleaded gas requirements through 1978 - excluding California.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Smog pumps or air pumps became standard fare for 1/2 ton and light duty 3/4 ton trucks in 1979, as did the unleaded gas requirement for the 49 state region.

Heavy duty 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks had the same requirement, but at a later date, and I don't know what date that was.

One of the reasons for producing the F-150 was to raise the GVW above 6000 lbs(6050) which was the cutoff point for unleaded gas requirements through 1978 - excluding California.

Then how come I haven't come across them in my extensive search the last 3 years?

I've literally looked at thousands of dents and this is my first.

Maybe in rebuilds they don't keep em?

Sent from my not so smart phone.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Then how come I haven't come across them in my extensive search the last 3 years?

I've literally looked at thousands of dents and this is my first.

Maybe in rebuilds they don't keep em?

Sent from my not so smart phone.

BINGO! The only way they would be kept is if the state still had emissions testing for a truck that old, or if somebody wanted an exact restoration of an original truck.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
BINGO! The only way they would be kept is if the state still had emissions testing for a truck that old, or if somebody wanted an exact restoration of an original truck.

Phew....thanks Doug....I thought I was going crazy there for a second.

primetime

sawmill slave
Randy, the color and stance on that truck rocks. I never get tired of looking at it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts