Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The dead have risen

Well i guess its time to introduce my self and my truck. My name, as you may have guessed is Donald, And this is the story of my girl Jennie.
Jenny was bought by a up and coming car mechanic late in 1977 as a tow truck, she was a lonely "custom" and no body wanted here...she was a leftover as the new 78's were on there way. Mr Marc bought her and put her into a life of work. She worked hapily for 30 years when her handler decided it was time she retired. But Mr Marc loved the old girl to much to set her out to pasture so he had the cab floors, corners, doors, fenders, and even the roof replaced by a local panel knocker, new life was breathed into her rear end, engine, transmission, and transfercase, she was even given a "new" bed...Her towing days were officially over. Time went by as time does and electrical gremlins set in, cancer begain eating at her new panels and old marc just couldnt take it any more. He sent her to the boneyard in 2010. A Marine who had just gotten medically retired was walking through the yard he used to work one day and out of the corner of his eye he caught a bodyline he knew all to well, like seeing your first woman for the second time. His heart beat quickened and all he could think about was getting her home and bare....Metal that is. and thus begins our story.

Heres some pictures

Attachments

• training day 1.jpg
  • shes home.jpg
  • roof rot.jpg
  • roof patch comp.jpg
  • rocker rot.jpg
and some more

Attachments

• floor panels.jpg
  • floor rot.jpg
  • full floor.jpg
  • holy seat belt.jpg
  • moldy wheel.jpg
some more in progrees and the complete shot. I did what i could with patches but this cab has been redone twice, once for being rolled and once for a restoration so there wasnt much to go off of i plan on finding a better cab in the future and finishing it on the bench but let me know what yall think.

Attachments

• floor cut.jpg
  • floor complete.jpg
  • ds floor rot.jpg
  • home.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool to see a restoration.....I'm thinking that locating a good cab would be much easier/cheaper than trying to fix that.

I sourced a few cabs just getting to them will be a pita. But she isnt really a restoration more of a good looking work truck. The cabs acceptable for now but both need to be replaced. The passanger side rear i got pretty straight after being "tapped" by a back hoe and lets face it the cab shell is toast, but i should get a few years out of both.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
It's cool to see trucks coming back to life. Ya, she's got some Cancer there and a different cab would be the easiest way to go, but keep your eyes out for another and keep doin what your doin.

Ford Truck Articles