Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The competition

As I mentioned in my first post when I got my licence I had Dad's 77 f150 as my truck. After arguing for weeks he decided it was too hard on gas for me to keep up and he sold it to my cousin, At the time i told him I would be coming back when I finished school to get my truck. Couple months ago i went ot him and he wouldnt sell me my truck back and he gave me the current 77 i have in my garage. So now my goal is to rebuild mine and outdo him. Thought i would post a couple pics of what I am up against.

Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Looks like you are up against a pretty mean truck.

Yes i am for sure. After changing the head gasket and finding out that the engine in my truck was changed and has very low miles and it has a new clutch , tranny and transfer case have been redone I have a stronger running gear to start with. I lined up a 78 extended cab for a donor truck that apparently has good body panels / bed, only problem is that the 78 is parked at a guys cabin and cant be accessed until the spring, This winter is going to be me stock piling parts and components and use the truck as my work truck and plow truck for clearing my driveway. When the warm weather rolls around it is goin to be parked, body work done, painted, interior done and some light engine work ( cam, headers full exhaust etc etc . By the end of the summer I want to have the truck completely rebuilt and see the look on my cousins face when it is done

Oh this forum will be involved in every step of the way. There are WAY too many ppl here with excellent infomation, tips and tricks to pass up and not use every ounce of infomation i can get out of you guys

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
Yeah that's gonna be hard to beat, but I'm sure you can beat him ;). You make it sound like the Sr. vs. Jr. thing on American Chopper lol. I hope it isn't that ugly though haha.

HAHA kinda but it is my cousin and i used to own that truck she was my baby, in the end I goin to end up loving my truck more because it is goin to be my blood,sweat tears and pieces of my knuckles in it, i cant wait to get it done

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh this forum will be involved in every step of the way. There are WAY too many ppl here with excellent infomation, tips and tricks to pass up and not use every ounce of infomation i can get out of you guys

You're definitely in good hands.

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
in the end I goin to end up loving my truck more because it is goin to be my blood,sweat tears and pieces of my knuckles in it

You touched on the most valuable part of your project. 4 years ago, I nearly bought a beautiful truck (and would have saved myself thousands of $ doing that), but instead looked for and found a "builder". I am glad I went that route because I learned a ton about these trucks, and I wouldn't sell my truck now even for a profit - too much sentimental value now...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^No kidding...there's no doubt you can buy a truck and love it, but when you build a truck you know it at damn near an intimate level. You know things about a built truck that you'll never even begin to think about with a bought truck.

Jesus i am attached to mine already just to have gone with my gut and tearing down the engine, as soon as i hauled the drivers head off and see it was gone as i had suspected . It was just like YES!!!!!!!! and then getting it back together and it fired up so well and ran so smooth i was PUMPED. I am picking up new brake master cylinder and e brake cables tomorrow then she will be ready for the road ( and the snow plow i have lined up) hehe also ordering a set of 33" 12,50's for her. When I got the truck i was still little iffy on it but after seeing some of the trucks on here and the info that is available through everyone on this forum I CANT WAIT for the summer to strip the truck and start full into resto mode. Already picked up a donor truck, compressor large enough to do paint work, powder coating gun, wire feed welder for bodywork. body hammers, die grinders etc etc. By the summer i am goin to have everything i need stockpiled in the attic haha

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts