Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Bomber is down

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
I stoped at the gas station, throw $20 in the tank and when i try to start it, it just turns over.......it makes me sad smiliecrybaby
ill start digging in to it tommorow.
wish me luck.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Good luck...

*On the bright side, there's lots of things it could be that are pretty cheap/easy to fix...

Next time put gasoline in the tank...not money :)

'badachang'

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
update....
my brother-in-law (previous owner) called me today and told me to try and start it before i did anything, so i did what he said and it started on the first try. so i went ahead and changed the plugs, wires, cap, button, air filter, and fuel filter while i had the time. I cleaned off the battery posts and made sure my ground and starter wires were clean and tight. ill let ya'll know if everything is still ok tomorrow.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Good to hear!

Sounds like you covered all the possible causes to, so lets hope everything is still working like it should next time...YelloThumbUp

I think truckin4life was onto something when he asked you how long you'd been driving it before you stopped...

When you say it would just turn over was it sluggish or did the revolutions seem normal?

RE: Belly up Bomber.

Just a guess, but an educated one. If everything was lovely before and now you find no spark, it,s probably the ignition box on your fenderwell. cheap, easy fix!!

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
i drove him to work today and everything seemed ok. no trouble with starting or anything. while i was under the hood i found some stuff that had come loose. i think it was a bit of neglect mixed in with 30 degree weather. it was my fault, but atleast everything is running better.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think now would be a good time to replace the coil and voltage regulator too. Cheap, easy and stright forward swaps.

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
i might replace the VR soon. but right now im trying to figure out what ignition parts i want to use when i replace my motor. that will be soon, so i really dont want to replace my coil, then replace it again.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts