Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Technology challenged

Mom and Dads VCR has a lead that goes up to the TV somewhere. It sets the time on its own.

ponyracer

Certified Ford Tech
I actually had a customer come in complaining that their car was running bad. I took it for a test drive and it ran like ... well I noticed right off they had a picture in front of the check engine light. when I moved the pic the light was flashing codes. I did the diag and fixed the trouble codes. When the service writer talked to the customer he suggested that maybe the cluster was not the best place for pics. Those codes could have been there for ever and the customer would have never known. LOL

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
What kind of analyzing equipment have you purchased to try and keep up?:headbang:

I have a dwell meter:rolleyes:

If any of my newer vehicles need repair, I take them to a pro. I only do maintenance on them. Anything more is best left to a tech.

Fellro

Staff member
Heck ponyracer, some do that intentionally, because the glare bothered them at night... (sounds like my sister, who only recently started taking care of things BEFORE they leave her walking, since she has torn up more motors than anyone I know!!!) But either way, I have known customers to push it, it still runs, so why should they bring it in??

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I've had people come in the shop wanting us to pull the fuse for the bulb, tell them there is no fuse to pull then it's pull the bulb but don't fix my car.

My favorite are the ones who say, "OK, so now I know something's wrong. Can I get the light to go out til I fix it?"

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Yeah can't you just shut the light off? Then they get mad. Well can't you just plug it in and tell me what it is (expecting it to be done in 2 min)... Gotta love it.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
We must understand, Ernie is one of the best in the business. He has to be to sell a chitolet. :D

J/K Ernie. We know you have a secret love for Toyotas! :nana:

blacksnapon

Staff member
We must understand, Ernie is one of the best in the business. He has to be to sell a chitolet. :D

J/K Ernie. We know you have a secret love for Toyotas! :nana:
Yeah, I know, but you gotta harass him every so often. I get under all makes and models, if I couldn't have a Ford, It'd be a gm.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
It's good to know a good Chevy man, comes in handy when one gets pushed through the door that says FORD above it. I prefer Ford but I would go with Dodge over Chevy.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'm ashamed to admit it, but on a dark lonely night, many years ago, I too sucommed to the evil and sat in a cheby. ;)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Did you realize your error and jump back out. Hate to say it my wife drives a Pontiac.

Yup. I made it out unscathed. You know whats worse than a guys wife driving a Pontiac?

The fact that said gentleman is not afraid to admit it. :nana:

I've got a nagging question....Since On-Star can at will evesdrop on anything from all of the systems to conversation in the cabin of the vehicle, can they watch from afar the tech as he diagnoses and works on the vehicle?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Yup. I made it out unscathed. You know whats worse than a guys wife driving a Pontiac?

The fact that said gentleman is not afraid to admit it. :nana:

Im not scared.. Hell I drive a Dodge. I did have a crown vic for awhile loved it, everyone gets out of your way. It had to go though 4 heater cores in 2 years.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I've got a nagging question....Since On-Star can at will evesdrop on anything from all of the systems to conversation in the cabin of the vehicle, can they watch from afar the tech as he diagnoses and works on the vehicle?

I think so. I was working on a caddy once and onstar started talking to me asking what I was doing and such. I didn't answer, probably said a few unkind things.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts