Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Take a Good Look

I had my dad get my 78 out for me this weekend, also got a better picture to show the new wheels and cab lights.

Remember I am currently in Baton Rouge for work and my truck is still in Minnesota so I do not get home much and when I do I usually don't have time to work on it/drive it.

Last time I was home I compounded one little spot to see how well it would turn out and it brought the shine right back.

Well I spoke with a friend and he is willing to take it and do the whole truck for me before I go home in one month! He is very anal so I know it will turn out as good as it possibly could turn out. He is going to do a few other little things for me too:

-New striker on passenger door
-New seals on the side windows
-Door seals
-Door hinges driver side
-Polish chrome
-Shampoo carpet/detail inside
-New CD player/speaker install

Here is the before picture on a gloomy Minnesota day, expect a after picture on a sunny day in one month

IMG_0962.PNG

This is its first real good detail/clean seeings the main focus was getting the motor in and have it driving good before so I am really excited to see what he can do with it.

One more thing its getting new fender trim. Someday I want a complete restore done but for now, considering I only put 100 miles a year on it, I just want a clean good running/driving truck and lucky for me I found it. 75,000 original miles and no rust. Spent 20 years in a shed before I got it.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
That is a nice truck. Since the hinges will swap from side to side, some people get good hinges from another truck off the passenger side, which doesn't get as much wear and tear.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Wow, what a gorgeous truck! It's tempting to kind of piece it back together rather than a huge restoration. Once it's 'perfect' you won't want to drive it!

Ryan

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Love the rare color scheme. Nice! A survivor for sure!

Just a few more teaser pics

This is just right after a good bucket wash, looking better already

IMG_0996.JPG

And here is a test spot with a tape line showing before and after.. I'd say it made a little difference

IMG_0997.JPG

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Truck looks great. I like that color/stripe scheme. Rust free trucks are pretty rare here in MN. Hopefully, we will have some nice weather here soon.

Truck looks great. I like that color/stripe scheme. Rust free trucks are pretty rare here in MN. Hopefully, we will have some nice weather here soon.

Thank you! I was very lucky to find it, and for a very good deal so I am happy I can drive it the way it is for awhile before the restoration someday. I fly home May 8th for a meeting in Minneapolis and staying a long weekend home in Mankato, praying its nice that weekend so I can drive the 78 and the Cadillac!

I just put my order into today from Dennis Carpenter for weather stripping for the doors and windows

This is kinda cool, this is how it looked after coming out of the shed for the first time in years, this is the picture that got sent to me when I was going to buy it.

78b.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts