Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tail gate question

Does anybody know what the silver piece of metal that attaches to the tail gate is called. Usually has a red or black stripe through it with Ford to one side. This thing has been bugging me for years with the rattle on dirt roads, the black plastic brackets are broken and don't hold it tight. I'm trying to find new ones and I can't even find them at junk yards that are decent. I'm about ready to put a crap load of glue with a weight to hold it in place while it dries. Any ideas I don't wanna use glue but it's nice since almost 98% of fords in my area don't have the piece on them and mine is in great shape.

I don't know what they are called but you can't get them separately from the tailgate center panel. I salvaged some for mine from a damaged one at the U-Pull-It.

I think Im going to try and fabricate some, with some 1/8 think metal straps and some machine screws and nuts. I have an idea in my head let's see if I thought it all out to make it work.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts