Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

t-18 or np435

well i am gonna get a 4spd but i do not know what would be the best. i dont really know what the main difference is between the t-18 or np435. i was on JBG and the only major difference i saw was the the t-18 had a higher first gear ratio and it was like a inch shorter i think. but that is why i left it up to more knowledged people. so any information is appreciated. is the np435 a stronger tranny or or is the t-18. or maybe which one is just overall better.

Dillon

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well I have a 435 in my 72 and have had a couple others and over time as they get alot of miles on em they rattle in the top of the tranny. I was told its the shift forks that make so much noise but I dont know for sure what does. I like the 435 mostly cause of the lower first gear but if ya dont need the super low first then id say the T18 would work. I dont know alot about them ones so maybe somebody else will chime in.

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
i used to mudd drag with a 74 f250 with a 429cj. ive found that the 435 will take a 5000rpm 3rd gear hole shot a whole lot better then the t18's

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts