Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Sweet gen 1 Lightning....

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Too cool. Call me goofy cause I know I'm in the minority. I'd put a set of Chrome bumpers on the thing.

Ryan

god dam is that a clean truck.. and under 100k on it!

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Too cool. Call me goofy cause I know I'm in the minority. I'd put a set of Chrome bumpers on the thing.

Ryan

IMO, it would look better blacked out..

tinted windows, black wheels, etc. :wasntme:

GREAT looking truck though! only one question... why a rebuilt tranny at less than 100k?

I'm gonna have to throw up a caution flag on this one. It's certainly a clean truck with what looks like the right powertrain but I have never seen an original Lightning with the decal on the front of the box, it's always on the front fender or rear of the box. So at the very least it's been painted... or it could be just a clone with a GT40 intake. That doesn't make it a bad truck but it would affect the sale price.

I'm gonna have to throw up a caution flag on this one. It's certainly a clean truck with what looks like the right powertrain but I have never seen an original Lightning with the decal on the front of the box, it's always on the front fender or rear of the box. So at the very least it's been painted... or it could be just a clone with a GT40 intake. That doesn't make it a bad truck but it would affect the sale price.

I beg to differ here, not sure how many lightnings you have seen, my buddy had one for a year. the lightning sticker is always on the front of the bed for the gen 1 lightnings. The gen 2 are on the fender. That is defintely a lightning, the engine code in the VIN is R for the 5.8 HP and the axle code is H5 for a 4.10 limited slip rear.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
yeah the only thing with this truck i see an issue with is the rear bumper. dont all the Gen1 lightnings have the tubular rear bumper? but anyways it is indeed a very very clean truck.

SC
I think that tube bumper was an option but youre right I think most had it.

The truck looks just a little too clean for almost 15yrs old. Id be skeptical thats its all original and has never seen a paint booth.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I've seen the Gen 1's with the sticker at the front of the box as well as the rear of the box most of the times if it was at the rear it had been painted...ditto on the bumper the Tube bumpers were an option but you could also get them with the "Nite" edition rear bumpers...

Hmmm.. maybe is a regional thing then.. I have never seen one with the decal in that location and there are a few around here.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts